vitamin D

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
had a letter from dept of health as my husband is in the clinically extremely vulnerable group of special people and they are recommending vitamin D supplements for those that have been shielding in the past. they are giving 4 months of them completely free from january and they will send them to you but care homes will have their own delivery so no need to apply. internet address to opt in for them and register is www.nhs.uk/get-vitamin-d. no good at linking like nitram is but thats the address. the other thing is that xmas bubbles are 3 household including the household hosted so 2 households can go to a third household. although at increase risk.

MartinWL

Jun 12, 2020
London
I am taking it myself, it is recommended by the NHS for other reasons, and might possibly have some small benefit with regard to coronavirus. It is very cheap at any large pharmacy.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
those such as my husband who shielded during first lockdown as hes extremely special and they will provide him with 4 months worth of vitamin D free and ive registered him so they will send it to him. i just wanted to make others aware that its available and where to get it from.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
The letter to the extremely clinical vulnerable offers a free 4 month supply starting January.

The universal recommendation is for a longer period

"Coronavirus update
It's important to take vitamin D as you may have been indoors more than usual this year.
You should take 10 micrograms (400 IU) of vitamin D a day between October and early March to keep your bones and muscles healthy.

There have been some reports about vitamin D reducing the risk of coronavirus (COVID-19). But there is currently not enough evidence to support taking vitamin D to prevent or treat coronavirus."

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/vitamins-and-minerals/vitamin-d/ .

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
The letter to the extremely clinical vulnerable offers a free 4 month supply starting January.

The universal recommendation is for a longer period

"Coronavirus update
It's important to take vitamin D as you may have been indoors more than usual this year.
You should take 10 micrograms (400 IU) of vitamin D a day between October and early March to keep your bones and muscles healthy.

There have been some reports about vitamin D reducing the risk of coronavirus (COVID-19). But there is currently not enough evidence to support taking vitamin D to prevent or treat coronavirus."

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/vitamins-and-minerals/vitamin-d/ .
thanks nitram i mean that but i call him clinically extremely special as it makes him feel better and they are special

Knitandpurl

Aug 9, 2021
Lincolnshire
had a letter from dept of health as my husband is in the clinically extremely vulnerable group of special people and they are recommending vitamin D supplements for those that have been shielding in the past. they are giving 4 months of them completely free from january and they will send them to you but care homes will have their own delivery so no need to apply. internet address to opt in for them and register is www.nhs.uk/get-vitamin-d. no good at linking like nitram is but thats the address. the other thing is that xmas bubbles are 3 household including the household hosted so 2 households can go to a third household. although at increase risk.
I’ve given up on ‘bubbles’ as long as the other parties are all happy with it. Have decided that quality of life is much more important to me than quantity! I accept this is a personal decision for me , but am no longer prepared to be told when and if I can hug or be hugged by someone who is happy to hug or be hugged by me. We are SO looking forward to a big family Xmas complete with the grandchildren. May very well be our last I don’t think by next Xmas my OH will be able to cope.

MartinWL

Jun 12, 2020
London
I have been taking vitamin D since last summer, I cannot say it works but it doesn't seem to have done any harm. With any luck it will prove to be an elixir of life, a cure for every disease, and a guarantee that I will live to 125.

yosser

Nov 12, 2020
Shenley Brook End Milton Keynes
Morning all, I have Copied the below. I have been given Adcal-D3 Chewable Tablets(Calcium carbonate & Vitamin D3) Chewable Tablets 56 fruit flavoured & vitamin D3 taken twice a day, I don't pay for them get on prescription. Haven't taken any, as I have my own which are paid for . Been using mine for the last 4 years & they work.

What is Vitamin D?​

Vitamin D is increasingly regarded as a super-vitamin because scientists are discovering more and more proof as to its crucial impact on our health. National research recently revealed that one in five of us has low levels, putting us at risk of bone pain, fractures and other health problems. Scientists have learned that we all need vitamin D, not just for strong bones and teeth but for healthy muscle function and good immunity too. Our bodies are designed to rely on a ready supply of vitamin D that our skins synthesise from exposure to sunshine. As we age though, our bodies absorb nutrients from tablet supplements less easily and our skin’s ability to synthesise vitamin D reduces at the same time.