Daily phone calls

Kazzab

Aug 17, 2020
Mum is rapidly declining we’ve had a terrible week with her. I’ve just had the first phone call of the day and I know there will be more. She so distressed living with two men, why did they buy both these houses, she didn’t know anything about it. Her OH had all these women in the bedroom last night , she wants their marriage annulled, it just goes on and on. She usually calms down after an hour or so and becomes more ‘normal Mum’ , but I know it will all start again in the early evening, and the phone calls will continue. I find it so hard how such switches from ‘normal Mum’ ( very confused still), to this person I can’t reason with.

We have now got the Dementia Crisis team involved but they haven’t seen her yet when she is distressed.

HardToLetGo

Oct 10, 2020
Mum is rapidly declining we’ve had a terrible week with her. I’ve just had the first phone call of the day and I know there will be more. She so distressed living with two men, why did they buy both these houses, she didn’t know anything about it. Her OH had all these women in the bedroom last night , she wants their marriage annulled, it just goes on and on. She usually calms down after an hour or so and becomes more ‘normal Mum’ , but I know it will all start again in the early evening, and the phone calls will continue. I find it so hard how such switches from ‘normal Mum’ ( very confused still), to this person I can’t reason with.

We have now got the Dementia Crisis team involved but they haven’t seen her yet when she is distressed.
Hi Sorry to hear of anyone suffering through this, my Mum improved interms of agitation /distress on medication once the mental health team involved. The overarching dementia has still deteriorated but in a less traumatic way. Take care all of you ?