Mum is now becoming incontinent.

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
Mum was supposed to be meeting her cousin this morning at 10.45 am. She didn’t go as she couldn’t trust her “bowels”. She is not getting any warning now when she needs to go. She was upset about it and wondered what she could do about it. Unfortunately I didn’t have any answers apart from wearing Tena pants...

Weasell

Oct 21, 2019
Would it be worth asking the GP to refer her to bladder and bowel or the continence nurse ?

Starting on a journey

Jul 9, 2019
My mum wears them when out. The advert showing the young mother was a clinching point with her as I said I wish they were like this when I’d had my babies; especially after the third! All refusals vanished and since then she quite happily wears them!!

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Have a word with the GP/continence service who may be able to help.

I had a colostomy 2 years ago and on my discharge into the wild asked for and obtained medication to both slow things down and speed things up, I've never used either, they are part of my contingency stock of meds and appliances, all unused.

May not be appropriate, no harm in asking.

Lone Wolf

Sep 20, 2020
Mum was supposed to be meeting her cousin this morning at 10.45 am. She didn’t go as she couldn’t trust her “bowels”. She is not getting any warning now when she needs to go. She was upset about it and wondered what she could do about it. Unfortunately I didn’t have any answers apart from wearing Tena pants...
Has she started any new medications recently? My partner had this problem, very distressing for us both, and I eventually discovered it was Metformin prescribed for diabetes. GP changed the medication as soon as I mentioned the problem.

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
Has she started any new medications recently? My partner had this problem, very distressing for us both, and I eventually discovered it was Metformin prescribed for diabetes. GP changed the medication as soon as I mentioned the problem.
No none. I’m wondering if it is something to do with the heart. My dad has the same and they are both in heart failure.

hooperswan

Dec 22, 2016
I will have a word with mum@continence service. I don’t have LPOA for mum unlike dad..
I'm sure they will keep you in the loop,you're acting in her best interests.I only have the property and financial affairs lpa but I've always been the person that's handled stuff with the continence team and doctors and they have always been ok with me.It makes their job easier to have you onboard

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jprollet