I’m not sure how this is going to pan out.

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
Back at dads today. He had on clean clothes as yesterday his catheter bag leaked so when the carer did the lunchtime visit everything was soaked.. All I heard when I arrived was what was he having for lunch(3 times) . I arrived at 10.45.
He appeared sleepy. Dad was having Asda today so he didn’t want to move from the recliner. He wanted to wait. I showed him what I had bought when it arrived.
He had dinner then moaned he couldn’t taste it.
He declined to get up and walk with his frame to the wheelchair and then into to garden (too windy). He didn’t even want to go into the Conservatory.
So we sat watching tv. He started to get fidgety about 3 as he needed the toilet but wouldn’t allow me to assist him with the Sara Steady. He has been dozing on and off. Didn’t want much for tea. Very little as not hungry. He asked to go to bed and use the toilet first. So he went to bed at 5pm. He is getting earlier and earlier.
He has said he is only comfortable in bed. Mmm.

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
That must be so worrying for you. My mother went through several phases of sleeping a great deal. I think it was her way of dealing with the confusing world.

spandit

Feb 11, 2020
An old man who won't leave his recliner or walk outside because it's windy then moans he can't taste anything? No idea how that would feel... :rolleyes:

Had to check I wasn't reading one of my old posts at first... in today's world and with the current weather, I'd like to stay in bed most of the day too.

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
An old man who won't leave his recliner or walk outside because it's windy then moans he can't taste anything? No idea how that would feel... :rolleyes:

Had to check I wasn't reading one of my old posts at first... in today's world and with the current weather, I'd like to stay in bed most of the day too.
Me too?

Tattooed Mark

Sep 19, 2020
It's so hard to watch I know.In time looking after mum,I just reasoned she felt safe in bed and sleeping,,like we would if ill or hurt,it was her way of dealing with dementia as deep down,she was still mum and think knew what was happening but the confusion clouded everything.Its so hard to watch and frustrating too.