Last Holiday ?

Flossie369

May 6, 2020
Book an appointment with the GP to discuss medication options?
Just don’t go?
Go and depending on distance take out large wad of cash in case you choose to get a taxi home after day two?
Always remember if someone is getting challenging to think ‘ do you need feeding’?
Thank you so much.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Book an appointment with the GP to discuss medication options?
Just don’t go?
Go and depending on distance take out large wad of cash in case you choose to get a taxi home after day two?
Always remember if someone is getting challenging to think ‘ do you need feeding’?
very good way of distracting couple of biscuits etc and a cup of tea works wonders

Flossie369

May 6, 2020
very good way of distracting couple of biscuits etc and a cup of tea works wonders
Thank you. I rang the Dementia Clinic and spoke to a nurse who said I was doing all the right things.
This morning whilst in bed I did pretend to take a phone call asking OH not to go into work because the firm was closed as they had had a flood. This did calm him a little.
The nurse said that unfortunately they can not give OH anything for this. But if this continues then I am to ring the clinic and a nurse will come out to do an assessment before our holiday.
He is taking 20g of Mementine.

AbbyGee

Nov 26, 2018
Portsmouth, South Coast
Oh goodness, how whingy my previous post was. What a selfish old bat I sounded.
I should be grateful he's still up to the travelling and is looking forward to something. I have 5 days left to get 'stuff' organised and packed so will do a little each day.
I sometimes wonder if I get a bit snappy as, by choice, I've never had children so finding myself becoming a senior-aged mother is a bit daunting.
I really must learn to let things go and remember this is a different life we now have. It's of no use to try and emulate what's gone before.