Moving from hospital to care home during Covid and the 14 day isolation

Tennisballs

Aug 6, 2020
Hello,
My mum will be moving from a hospital to a nursing home and I’m externally worried about the 14 day isolation in her room. She paces all day and I’ve deep concerns about the lack of space and how this will affect her. Is it likely they will sedate her to get her through, could she be sectioned again?

Louise7

Volunteer Host
Mar 25, 2016
@Tennisballs I've just replied to your other thread in which you explained that your mum is being discharged on section 117 aftercare. As a placement hasn't been provided yet I suggest that you discuss this issue at next week's meeting as things like this will need to be taken into consideration in your mum's case to ensure that her mental health needs will be met. I'm sure that a home which is used to dealing with section 117 aftercare will have experience of dealing with behaviours like your mum's and will know the best way to handle this, dependant on what is in her aftercare plan.

Dona-Marie

Aug 7, 2020
Hello,
My mum will be moving from a hospital to a nursing home and I’m externally worried about the 14 day isolation in her room. She paces all day and I’ve deep concerns about the lack of space and how this will affect her. Is it likely they will sedate her to get her through, could she be sectioned again?
My dad had the test before leaving hospital and has to do 7 days has his results come back negative

Lynmax

Nov 1, 2016
My mum was supposed to be isolated in her room after discharge from hospital in April. In reality, this was impossiblefor the carers to insist on as Mum just walked out of her room! They did not lock her in nor sedate her, just tried to gently persuade her to keep to quiet areas away from other residents. All the residents have dementia so a lot of wandering goes on!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pescobar