Dad is aware he is getting worse.

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
I had a good day with dad today. Just me and him. Although a neighbour popped in with a tumbler(small ) of whiskey and spent half an hour with him chatting men’s talk. It’s nice for dad when he does that.
Dad is getting quieter every day now. His walking today was better than it has been for a few days.
We had an Asda delivery today which seems to brighten up his mood at seeing all the goodies.
Again as it’s Thursday it seems to me every week that I take dad to the toilet.Also on a Tuesday.You just gotta laugh otherwise you’d cry!
Dads health is getting worse although his blood sugars are stable which is good.
This is a rambling post but hey ho.
I supported dad to bed after the toilet which was 18.00. I did say to him that he didn’t have to go to bed but he was tired. He said to me that he is starting to feel tired about 17.30 but it could be that he feels like that after I give him his Mirtazapine. Anyway I got him into bed. I have noticed that he likes me to stop a bit longer in the bungalow when he is in bed. I do but not to long as I like to come home.
The cleaner said to me on Tuesday that dad is always worse with me. Apparently when she is cleaning she talks to him and he will chat back. He always seems “older” with me but with other people he is fine.
I know a lot of it is the hostess mode but I often wonder is it a case sometimes of the boy who cried wolf. You can never tell sometimes with dad if it is genuine or if it is him playing a game. Dad was and is manipulative and I personally don’t think he has lost that. But I know he is getting worse. Still awaiting on the Renal Clinic.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
It`s so hard to be sure what is happening.

Perhaps your dad treats you like part of the furniture while his behaviour with the cleaner may indeed be hostess mode. Does he sleep all night or do you think he gets up?

It`s worrying @TNJJ but you are doing your best for him.

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
It`s so hard to be sure what is happening.

Perhaps your dad treats you like part of the furniture while his behaviour with the cleaner may indeed be hostess mode. Does he sleep all night or do you think he gets up?

It`s worrying @TNJJ but you are doing your best for him.
Hi@Grannie G. Yes I think he does tbh . But I suppose as I’m the only one he can rely on maybe that’s why. I don’t think he is sleeping well at all tbh but as no one is there overnight I cannot tell. He didn’t when I stayed over and he has progressed into the moderate stage of Vascular. He cannot get out of his bed at night as it is a hospital bed and his mobility is very poor. He cannot walk unaided. Another worry but what can you do when they have “capacity “..

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alanpotts