The Times

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
Dear @Palerider ,

Do you think it's speculation?

MaNaAk

As always @MaNaAk -if you want the facts read the original research article. Newspapers no matter how well established have a terrible habit of glossing over the small print!

Your right @Whisperer -there will never be a single cure for dementia par se. The best we can probably find is early intervention and slowing or possibly stopping progression -prevention rather than cure

Weasell

Oct 21, 2019
As always @MaNaAk -if you want the facts read the original research article. Newspapers no matter how well established have a terrible habit of glossing over the small print!

Your right @Whisperer -there will never be a single cure for dementia par se. The best we can probably find is early intervention and slowing or possibly stopping progression -prevention rather than cure
you know what they say about Pharmaceutical companies!
They dont hunt for the cure!
They hunt for the treatment!

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
OK, I have looked at the Alzheimer's Association Conference release of this research which can be found at:

Essentially these findings are at a hypothetical stage. The research does not prove anything other than suggesting that there may be a link between vaccination and reducing risk of dementia, the mechanisms of which are not known. This effect was found in about a third of the population study. The researcher looking at this gave a youtube release on 6th August, here it is:

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Well it would be nice to think that having the flu jab regularly would lower the risk of dementia as Ive had the flu jab regularly now for years/decades!
I think @Whisperer has made some good points, very humorously done (I did like the description of the Times being like a wet day in Skegness now!). He is right - so much is clickbait now and when you see how many people get thier news from places like Facebook and twitter. I simply despair.

PS - what are you doing posting at that time of the morning instead of being asleep @Palerider ?

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Well the flu jab used to make dad feel off for a few days and even more confused before gradually recovering. This happened when he was in the home and they said he wasn't eating very well. Then I informed them that it was always like this after the flu jab.

MaNaAk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coo