Advice needed please!

Podzter

May 3, 2013
Hi, I am new to this forum! I'm looking for some advice. My mum was diagnosed with Alzheimer's at 60, she is now 70 and definitely into the later stages. My mum lives with my dad and I help care for her. We have no other help or have no idea who to turn for to get help. We have tried the doctors which has proved to be no help and also my mum has been to the memory clinic who prescribed her with medication but not had any follow up for over 2 years...... Health professionals just seem to pass the book and now we are at a loss of what to do next. At the moment we are still coping to care for my mum ourselves but would appreciate some support or maybe an assessment. I have heard many people say to me that mum should have a social worker? Does anyone know if this is right or could anyone signpost us to any healthcare professionals who can help? Any advice would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance x

hooperswan

Dec 22, 2016
Hi, I am new to this forum! I'm looking for some advice. My mum was diagnosed with Alzheimer's at 60, she is now 70 and definitely into the later stages. My mum lives with my dad and I help care for her. We have no other help or have no idea who to turn for to get help. We have tried the doctors which has proved to be no help and also my mum has been to the memory clinic who prescribed her with medication but not had any follow up for over 2 years...... Health professionals just seem to pass the book and now we are at a loss of what to do next. At the moment we are still coping to care for my mum ourselves but would appreciate some support or maybe an assessment. I have heard many people say to me that mum should have a social worker? Does anyone know if this is right or could anyone signpost us to any healthcare professionals who can help? Any advice would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance x
Hi ring adult social servies explain the situation and ask for a care needs assessment for your mother ,they then can see what help they can give which could involve care visits,a social worker will then be assigned to your mum.
You're doing the right thing coming forward,don't worry it didn't take my mum too long to get help once we contacted them
When you're on the phone emphasise that you want the assessment urgently.

Podzter

May 3, 2013
Hi ring adult social servies explain the situation and ask for a care needs assessment for your mother ,they then can see what help they can give which could involve care visits,a social worker will then be assigned to your mum.
You're doing the right thing coming forward,don't worry it didn't take my mum too long to get help once we contacted them
When you're on the phone emphasise that you want the assessment urgently.
Thank you, I will do that.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robbertm