Mum

Helen red

Jul 21, 2020
Mum has alzheimers . She keeps saying there are people in her house. I keep telling her there is no one there. Since the coronavirus she is not going anywhere. As all her groups have stopped.

lemonbalm

May 21, 2018
Hello @Helen red . My mum used to think there were people in her flat. She would sometimes lay the table for them all for breakfast and then get really upset that they'd left without saying anything. I would often have to go round her flat and "upstairs" to check that there was nobody there. How are you doing? Do you have any family or carers supporting you and your mum?

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
hello @Helen red
a warm welcome to DTP

it is hard for everyone that groups are not yet able to meet again, they make such a difference

I wonder whether your mum is thinking that the people on TV are actually in the room with her, this is quite a common experience ... if she is hallucinating it may be worth talking this over with her GP

Helen red

Jul 21, 2020
Hello @Helen red . My mum used to think there were people in her flat. She would sometimes lay the table for them all for breakfast and then get really upset that they'd left without saying anything. I would often have to go round her flat and "upstairs" to check that there was nobody there. How are you doing? Do you have any family or carers supporting you and your mum?
Hi I am doing okay . I have a brother and I am married . We have no carers support. We had a dementia practioner out before lock down and found some groups to go to.then she has left the job. I just want my mum to help herself a bit.