Leicester

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Hello Everyone

I just want to say I am thinking of our friends in Leicester and their loved ones. I hope you are all okay.

MaNaAk

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
My sister in law lives on the outskirts of Leicester and isn't sure if she's included in the lockdown. She works for a care company so I guess it will business as usual for her. However she's also been going over to see her mum (on the outskirts of Derby) three nights a week straight from work to give her a bath. That sounds like a bad idea at the moment.
I too hope everyone in Leicester, and everywhere else are doing OK. I guess these sort of localised lockdowns will be a regular occurrence over the next few months.

Lynmax

Nov 1, 2016
There was a map in one of the papers showing the extent of the lockdown area, it included a number of outlying villages all around the city.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
For info
Here's the map:
0_map.jpg

Starting on a journey

Jul 9, 2019
It’s the bit inside the red line.Apparently the grey bit was under discussion but left out if the lockdown.
Luckily my mum has taken it better than I thought, but I am not sure how she will continue to react. I have one daughter round the corner so we should be ok to see her whilst she is walking past but the other one is outside the line, which is very sad.
Yes, I could jump in the car and be over the line in 5 minutes but I guess it’s people not following rules that got us into this mess in the first place so will only do that in desperation.

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
I’ve got friends there as well, inside the line, and relations just outside the line. Worrying.

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
@Starting on a journey - you did it before you can do it again

I think it's hit a lot of people that if this has happened in Leicester it might happen here, talking to a work contact who was going to walk to his local village pub on Saturday but isn't now (and we're in Cheshire)

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
I can’t see what will stop people travelling to a place that does have non essential shops and pubs open. It’s businesses that are going to suffer for longer .

Starting on a journey

Jul 9, 2019
I honestly think they will have to put road blocks up to stop people moving around. (I don’t intend going anywhere) apart from Asda for click and collect

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Surely two motorways won’t be blocked? Maybe drive thru, perhaps. Plus for some of the villages just outside the restricted area, the local supermarket was in the now restricted area.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Currently some rural areas in the UK with a 5 mile limit cannot access supermarkets.