Monitoring Systems.

J@net

Nov 25, 2019
Can someone please point me in the right direction. I came to AZ to check on dad who has dementia. I am trying to put a monitoring system in for mom so she can see 3 blind spots. I saw some systems but I am not computer handy. Can someone please direct me where I can find someone to install the system. They have security she just needs the monitoring system. The aAltz. Association shows systems but they are purchased for the individual to install. Where do I go to find some.

leslyz

Oct 24, 2015
Hi I was in a huge quandary about this a few months ago as wanted to get cameras installed and was at a total loss as didn't know where to start not being techy. . I asked around and contacted security companies etc but in the end it was mum's general electrician who guided me through and got the thing installed. I'm not sure if your tech issue is more complex but I'd definitely recommend starting with an electrician. He advised me on equipment too and helped connect me to the app etc. Also mums local council had info on assistive technology and your local authority should be able to advise you. I think what you want is more but hope this helps a little. . Good luck

Craster2019

Nov 27, 2019
Apologies I am new to this forum and not sure if I am in the correct forum etc. Can anyone recommend a discreet tracker for my mom please

towergirl3

Oct 6, 2016
Hi,
we have blink cameras from Amazon in my parents home, they are very effective and not too expensive, also easy to install as no trailing wires. You have an app on your phone or pc which gives alerts when the cameras are activated by movement

wonderfulmum

Aug 20, 2015
Apologies I am new to this forum and not sure if I am in the correct forum etc. Can anyone recommend a discreet tracker for my mom please
Hi, mum has a GPS tracker on her keyring and because she checks and double checks she always has keys when leaving the house it works for mum.
There is an online company called techsilver and other sites too where you can have tracker in PWD 's shoe, there are many gagets have s search and see which best suits. Hope you find something.

rmabo

May 19, 2019
I'm a tech guy so i'm happy to answer all your questions about cameras, gadgets and whatnot.
OP, if you need a camera system that's non-technical, use nest. Yes, evidently , huge privacy issues but that's not the main issue here. I personally have 15 cameras covering all rooms. There's zero privacy in my home but it has explained so many difficult issues in the past - for example 'someone stole my earings' was explained by her putting them into a weird spot.

I also use alro 4ks for the outside as a backup triggered on motion and pointed inwards to act as a 'virtual fence' (i guess beeped if someone cross the path). That's a bit harder to set up, so don't sweat this.

verjoe

May 7, 2013
Kennington SE11
I'm a tech guy so i'm happy to answer all your questions about cameras, gadgets and whatnot.
OP, if you need a camera system that's non-technical, use nest. Yes, evidently , huge privacy issues but that's not the main issue here. I personally have 15 cameras covering all rooms. There's zero privacy in my home but it has explained so many difficult issues in the past - for example 'someone stole my earings' was explained by her putting them into a weird spot.

I also use alro 4ks for the outside as a backup triggered on motion and pointed inwards to act as a 'virtual fence' (i guess beeped if someone cross the path). That's a bit harder to set up, so don't sweat this.

Hello
I am looking for a GPS fob tracker, something that can be attached to a set of keys on a ring. Can you help with recommendations please? It's for use in UK only.
Cheap to call
Accuracy to within minutes
Call function audible loudspeaker so user can talk back AND loud enough to call and hear where it is in the house
Set geofencing
Great battery life.

Thank you.

Lynmax

Nov 1, 2016
We used Ring cameras both inside and outside the house. The outside cameras were wired in by an alarm fitter but the door camera was battery operated, as were the internal ones.

The outside ones were brilliant at monitoring who came to the house ( mum had previously invited strangers in and given them money!) and a video/audio recoding of a repeat scammer was used by the police to arrest him. Mum also had an obsession about cars parking outside the house and would go out to try to open the doors or kick the tyres! When alerted, I could shout at her through the camera to stop and go back inside, amazingly she did as she was told! I did warn the neighbours in advance that they might hear my voice echoing around the area!

We never needed a tracker as mum only went out to a local shop on her own and always came straight home, we would check on how long she was out. It was the kitchen camera that alerted us when mum lost the ability to prepare food for herself so wecwerecable to increase her care visits.

My advice would be to have several people with the monitoring app on their devices as I would have found it very difficult to monitor all the alarms on my own. We had three people with the app and usually one or more of us would respond.

There is so much technology available now which can enable someone to live independently, we also installed Hive heating when mum began messing with the thermostat ( leaving the old one disconnected for her to "use") and a very sophisticated call blocker. Mum was not aware of any of these devices, I even had broadband installed without her knowledge!

verjoe

May 7, 2013
Kennington SE11
We used Ring cameras both inside and outside the house. The outside cameras were wired in by an alarm fitter but the door camera was battery operated, as were the internal ones.

The outside ones were brilliant at monitoring who came to the house ( mum had previously invited strangers in and given them money!) and a video/audio recoding of a repeat scammer was used by the police to arrest him. Mum also had an obsession about cars parking outside the house and would go out to try to open the doors or kick the tyres! When alerted, I could shout at her through the camera to stop and go back inside, amazingly she did as she was told! I did warn the neighbours in advance that they might hear my voice echoing around the area!

We never needed a tracker as mum only went out to a local shop on her own and always came straight home, we would check on how long she was out. It was the kitchen camera that alerted us when mum lost the ability to prepare food for herself so wecwerecable to increase her care visits.

My advice would be to have several people with the monitoring app on their devices as I would have found it very difficult to monitor all the alarms on my own. We had three people with the app and usually one or more of us would respond.

There is so much technology available now which can enable someone to live independently, we also installed Hive heating when mum began messing with the thermostat ( leaving the old one disconnected for her to "use") and a very sophisticated call blocker. Mum was not aware of any of these devices, I even had broadband installed without her knowledge!
Hello. Thanks for your useful information. My father is very active and goes out walking and busing. So the best wearable/outside/portable device is what I am looking for.