Gok Wan's New BFF!

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Oh Jennifer1967. I'm so sorry about your mum. I hope you don't mind, but that did make me give a wry smile ☺
no need to be she died 16 yrs ago. my nan outlived her daughter and was 96 when she died.my mum was 57. it brings a smile to my face every time i remember. at my nans funeral, it was all hush and my grand-daughter pipes up i want to go to the toilet everyone laughed and i swear than was my nan having the last word.

Lizbuff

Apr 9, 2019
no need to be she died 16 yrs ago. my nan outlived her daughter and was 96 when she died.my mum was 57. it brings a smile to my face every time i remember. at my nans funeral, it was all hush and my grand-daughter pipes up i want to go to the toilet everyone laughed and i swear than was my nan having the last word.
Aww - that's really lovely! At my best friend's funeral, some 10 years ago now, we had to sit & listen to the Fraggle Rock theme tune - it was her favourite childhood programme & she'd threatened to haunt her husband unless he played it. Still makes me smile today ☺

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Actually, I have given quite some thought to music at my funeral. Girls Just Want to Have Fun by Cyndi Lauper is top of the list right now. I just want lively, bouncy, danceable music and I want everyone to wear bright colours.

Lizbuff

Apr 9, 2019
Actually, I have given quite some thought to music at my funeral. Girls Just Want to Have Fun by Cyndi Lauper is top of the list right now. I just want lively, bouncy, danceable music and I want everyone to wear bright colours.
That sounds absolutely lovely - I agree that it's good if you can think & talk about it. I know that, for some, it's too uncomfortable but I think it's important, if possible. It's good that family & friends know they're making choices you'd agree with & also less pressure on them to make decisions at the time. ?

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
we wanted it when we renewed our vows 6 yrs ago on our 25th silver anniversary but the vicar was suitably unimpressed so we had to tone it down a bit and had still the one-sharnia twain [ which will be played as its our song and nights in white satin.one of my old teachers said she had the hymn fight the good fight at her wedding.

Lizbuff

Apr 9, 2019
we wanted it when we renewed our vows 6 yrs ago on our 25th silver anniversary but the vicar was suitably unimpressed so we had to tone it down a bit and had still the one-sharnia twain [ which will be played as its our song and nights in white satin.one of my old teachers said she had the hymn fight the good fight at her wedding.
That's such a shame about the vicar (although Still the One is lovely ?). I have read about vicars who won't allow Jerusalem as it's too jingoistic - so sad. I was lucky growing up as our vicar would give me a blessing, then tweak my nose with a wink! A sense of humour is very important, I think. ?? about Fight the Good Fight!! Hope that choice wasn't prophetic for the marriage!! ?