I’m at the end of my tether

Andrew42

Jun 5, 2020
Hi , I’ve just joined this forum as really struggling to deal with the current situation, my wife was diagnosed with early onset dementia nearly two years ago although not unexpected a big shock and since have been trying to care for her albeit minimal but struggling to accept it myself.
But during this lockdown well before she was suffering with water infections but ended up in hospital where they diagnosed diverticulitis which I hadn’t heard of before, but she’s home now and thre last three weeks have been a nightmare trying to deal with this second thing, my biggest problem is her complaining of a pain and getting uncontrollably upset, having been to the doctors on numerous occasions still haven’t got the pain medication right, but the last few days she’s been waking at 4-5 every morning in such a state and no matter what I do I can’t do right. She does this during the day at times and I make her comfortable and walk away for an hour or two to recharge my mental state (I’m suffering with depression) usually when I come back she’s perfectly okay but 5 in the morning I haven’t got the strength myself, has anyone else gone through this any help would be appreciated.

Cat27

Feb 27, 2015
Merseyside
Welcome to DTP @Andrew42
Personally, I’d contact the GP & social services & ask for emergency assessment as you can’t carry on this way.
Please keep posting as you’ll get lots of support here.

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Welcome to the forums from me too, @Andrew42. There's not much to add to Cat27's practical advice, but I know how hard it is to be a carer when you have depression and those little breaks are so precious. If you can get some respite and carers assessment would be the place to ask, even if it is just a carer coming in for two or three hours one day a week it will help you recharge.

Weasell

Oct 21, 2019
Did the doctor give dietary advice for the diverticulitis ?
Could you perhaps get a dietician referral ?
If it is the diverticulosis causing the pain and discomfort it would be good to prevent rather than cure the pain ?

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
Did the doctor give dietary advice for the diverticulitis ?
Could you perhaps get a dietician referral ?
If it is the diverticulosis causing the pain and discomfort it would be good to prevent rather than cure the pain ?
Hi , I’ve just joined this forum as really struggling to deal with the current situation, my wife was diagnosed with early onset dementia nearly two years ago although not unexpected a big shock and since have been trying to care for her albeit minimal but struggling to accept it myself.
But during this lockdown well before she was suffering with water infections but ended up in hospital where they diagnosed diverticulitis which I hadn’t heard of before, but she’s home now and thre last three weeks have been a nightmare trying to deal with this second thing, my biggest problem is her complaining of a pain and getting uncontrollably upset, having been to the doctors on numerous occasions still haven’t got the pain medication right, but the last few days she’s been waking at 4-5 every morning in such a state and no matter what I do I can’t do right. She does this during the day at times and I make her comfortable and walk away for an hour or two to recharge my mental state (I’m suffering with depression) usually when I come back she’s perfectly okay but 5 in the morning I haven’t got the strength myself, has anyone else gone through this any help would be appreciated.
Hi. I have this disease myself and am learning what I cannot have to eat. Not everyone is the same. But with me it is dairy ,chocolate ,cake and coffee. So far. Also not too much rice . Bread can set it off too. I also find smaller meals more often seems to help..I hope this helps. Brown rice is better.Same as in bread.?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBTC