mirtazapine

Karladaisy

Apr 16, 2020
Any advice on this medication? My grandads behaviour has been getting wrose over a week ? Weve given him 15 mg as told tonight and he was weak not able to walk and has been asleep for 2 hours he nornally goes to bed ay 9. i dont know if its the medication as he had only had it in his system for an hour.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Mirtazapine usually takes a few weeks to kick in. I would be surprised if it has an effect so quickly.

I wonder if there is something else going on. You said he has been getting worse over the past week. Has he been checked for an infection?

Louise7

Volunteer Host
Mar 25, 2016
@Karladaisy I agree with @canary, it would take a while for the mirtazapine to make any difference. You posted last Tuesday to say that your granddad had pain in his head and was struggling to breathe and you were waiting for the out of hours doctor to arrive. You also mentioned that he had been given antibiotics last Monday but you didn't think that he had an infection. What did the doctor say? As your granddad is getting worse and is now weak, sleepy and unable to walk, personally I'd call 111 as it sounds like he needs to be thoroughly assessed as clearly something is wrong, and the antibiotics don't seem to be working.

Karladaisy

Apr 16, 2020
@Karladaisy I agree with @canary, it would take a while for the mirtazapine to make any difference. You posted last Tuesday to say that your granddad had pain in his head and was struggling to breathe and you were waiting for the out of hours doctor to arrive. You also mentioned that he had been given antibiotics last Monday but you didn't think that he had an infection. What did the doctor say? As your granddad is getting worse and is now weak, sleepy and unable to walk, personally I'd call 111 as it sounds like he needs to be thoroughly assessed as clearly something is wrong, and the antibiotics don't seem to be working.
The out of hours dr came last week and done all her checks she didnt want to admit him as his stats were ok. She suspected he may have had a mild stroke . Hes on antibiotics i dont think hes hot an infection but the dr wanted to check. I feel like im forever calling drs 111 up with my grandad in my care. Hes come round now and manged the toliet and is now back on the sofa resting.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abba