BBC One

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Honestly how ridiculous not to supply carers with masks! I feel very for my friends on this forum having to go through this.

As the lady on the TV said all carers need a hug.

A big hug to you all.

MaNaAk

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
When my OH was in hospital and awaiting discharge 2 weeks ago and the hospital team were having difficulties getting a care plan I offered to self care as I was worried they would discharge her to a care home in the event of lockdown, which in fact happened 48 hours later. Thankfully they agreed to my offer which was made on my belief that this virus was bound to get into carehomes and decimate residents as seems to have started. Thankfully she is safe and sound here at home now although making my life a bit hectic. Feel so sorry for all affected, the residents and staff, the families locked out and unable to visit and all those who have lost thier lives already.

Kpkp

Apr 9, 2020
When my OH was in hospital and awaiting discharge 2 weeks ago and the hospital team were having difficulties getting a care plan I offered to self care as I was worried they would discharge her to a care home in the event of lockdown, which in fact happened 48 hours later. Thankfully they agreed to my offer which was made on my belief that this virus was bound to get into carehomes and decimate residents as seems to have started. Thankfully she is safe and sound here at home now although making my life a bit hectic. Feel so sorry for all affected, the residents and staff, the families locked out and unable to visit and all those who have lost thier lives already.
My Mums carers withdrew care 23 March. I have brought her home with us, myself and my husband. Caring for her is an immense task and we do not really have any facilities to cope but coping we must. I have a question, though, if I get ill how do I get help for my Mum. Who do I contact?

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
My heart goes out to all of you and seeing the programme today makes me feel angry.

MaNaAk

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
Welcome to Dementia Talking Point @Kpkp

If you are unlucky enough to get ill the people here should be able to tell you where to get help.

I'm glad you've found us as you'll get support here while looking after your mum

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MonkeyFeet