Loss of my father

Wild Flower

Aug 18, 2015
Hi, I have found this forum very useful over the years. My father was diagnoised with Dementia many years ago and we have seen him deteriorate over the years. We lost him last Tuesday, he had stopped eating and drinking and it was a painful and stressful time. I feel he is now peacful as the last few months were hard for us and him. We will remember his sense of humour and his love of music through the bad times.

Crawley123

Nov 10, 2019
Hi am so sorry to hear your loss . His in peace now and away from the awful disease . Sending love to you and your family x

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
Oh @Wild Flower I’m so sorry , I had thought I hadn’t seen you around for a while . Take care of yourself , hope you and your partner are doing ok. X

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Hi, I have found this forum very useful over the years. My father was diagnoised with Dementia many years ago and we have seen him deteriorate over the years. We lost him last Tuesday, he had stopped eating and drinking and it was a painful and stressful time. I feel he is now peacful as the last few months were hard for us and him. We will remember his sense of humour and his love of music through the bad times.

Dear Wildflower,

I am so sorry to hear about your dad but you need to remember that you did all you could for him and he is now free.

Love

MaNaAk

LynneMcV

Volunteer Moderator
May 9, 2012
south-east London
I am sorry for your loss @Wild Flower - I am glad you can remember the good times, the sense of humour and love of music - hold on to those happier memories, I am sure it is what our loved ones would want us to do.

It's been a long road for you - take the time that you need to heal and grieve - and remember that we are still here for you whenever you need to talk things through.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jliesman