How did you first notice behaviour changes

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Good morning and welcome to the forum.

I wondered if you would find this description of symptoms of dementia helpful?

If you'd like to tell us a little more about your situation it might help people understand what your facing just now.

I'm glad you've found the forum. Keep posting!

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Welcome to the forum. Denis.
I see on your profile your are worried about your wife. Have you spoken to her GP about your concerns ? Memory loss and confusion can be caused by vitamin b12 deficiency or stress. While I was distracted Izzy found the link, so sign off and wish you well in your search for a diagnosis.

calypso53

Mar 29, 2020
Welcome to the forum. Denis.
I see on your profile your are worried about your wife. Have you spoken to her GP about your concerns ? Memory loss and confusion can be caused by vitamin b12 deficiency or stress. While I was distracted Izzy found the link, so sign off and wish you well in your search for a diagnosis.
Doctors are indifferent made casual assessment but I know how she has changed

calypso53

Mar 29, 2020
She's has intermittent short term memory loss my worry is her be having different behaviour changes and repeatedly emptying her bag and taking multiple bags up to bed

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
I think in todays circumstances it can be difficult to get doctors to listen. I would recommend that you keep a diary of all the odd things that she does and then send a letter to the doctor outlining all your concerns before an appointment. That way it will be easier for you to convey your worries.
It can, unfortunately take a few months to get to diagnosis at the best of times and, at the moment, all routine appointments at hospitals (and that will probably include memory clinics) are being put on hold to open up capacity for coronavirus patients.