Goodbye and Hello

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
I am not sure why day care had to say that to you. You know it , but you need to take into consideration the whole family unit. So scream away.
You can say poor Mum but I can say poor Woo2. You are the person who is trying to make this work for the whole family and deal with everything else going on. So vent, scream and stamp your feet and hopefully it will help a little. I don’t think anyone can stop a decline though only adapt to a new reality and try their best when they are able to.
I am glad you are feeling a bit better but stop beating yourself up (again). You are only human not superwoman.
I don’t know if you are still, but can you still go out with your dog each day and hubby ‘look after the others’ just so you get some space for your thoughts and to give you a break. Sending more hugs to you
Thank you so much @Bikerbeth , you are so kind and make me feel better , It’s a big puzzle and also juggling game , feel I have a bit more of a grip this morning . I haven’t been out with pooch as she had hurt her leg quite badly so she was on strict rest , hoping to take her later ? .life is ok, people have it so much harder than me so I don’t want to whinge. Hope you and oh and mum doing ok. Thanks for the support, kind words and hugs , they all helped .? X

Bikerbeth

Feb 11, 2019
Bedford
Thank you so much @Bikerbeth , you are so kind and make me feel better , It’s a big puzzle and also juggling game , feel I have a bit more of a grip this morning . I haven’t been out with pooch as she had hurt her leg quite badly so she was on strict rest , hoping to take her later ? .life is ok, people have it so much harder than me so I don’t want to whinge. Hope you and oh and mum doing ok. Thanks for the support, kind words and hugs , they all helped .? X
Some people may well have it harder but you are not having an easy time. I have little I can do as it is just me and OH and Mum in her CH. so whinge away to me anytime. Sorry to hear about dog on restricted walking with poorly leg but please do try and gets little time for just you.

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
Thanks @annielou , very much appreciate the support and kindness ? Feel happier today , mum is really confused but ok so far . Reading her paper now . Will catch up on your thread soon as I have missed it . Thanks again. X

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
Some people may well have it harder but you are not having an easy time. I have little I can do as it is just me and OH and Mum in her CH. so whinge away to me anytime. Sorry to hear about dog on restricted walking with poorly leg but please do try and gets little time for just you.
:) Thanks again . X

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
Youngest (16) managed to talk her nan in to having a shower today no problem ? She has such a natural caring way with her . An ok day so far , no problems, mum is bored I can tell but hard to keep her occupied , gave her socks to pair up , don’t know what made me check (not in front of her )but inside they were all odd. Made me chuckle . We are making our first load of bread ,feel we will be using it to fill holes in the brick wall:p.

annielou

Sep 27, 2019
Yorkshire
@Woo2 thats great news well done your youngest ? ? Glad today was okay. The sock pairing (or not in mums case) could be a new job for your mum, you could un pair them and give her them to do again another day, could even say she did such a good job last time could she do these ones you've just dried.
Hope the bread turns out nice, I have a breadmaker but haven't used it for months with being at mums so much but I used to love fresh bread with butter, or lemon curd, or jam on.

Bikerbeth

Feb 11, 2019
Bedford
You must be proud of youngest getting her nan to have a shower. She sounds like a thoughtful kind young lady. Good plan with the socks occupation. I am ‘sterilising’ a small ice cream tub of mixed buttons and a container to sort them into for Mum and then dropping them to CH where the activities coordinator is going to re-sterilise them. As Mum did lots of dress making it might seem like a ‘real task’ to her. Hope the home made bread was a success for eating and not for use on a building site. I like lemon curd as well @annielou, not sure how many other people do. It also seems like less people eat bread and jam nowadays. When we were growing up it was bread and jam except at the weekend when you might get ham or as a real treat - tinned salmon.

annielou

Sep 27, 2019
Yorkshire
@Bikerbeth my nannan used to make her own bread and jam and when we had tea at her house no matter what everyone else was having she would always let me have bread and jam. I was in seventh heaven as I didn't like much food but loved that. The best lemon curd I have had is Mrs Darlingtons, it has a lovely buttery lemon flavour, unfortunately we don't see it much round here but my friend from Manchester bought and sent me some a few times.

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
Mum has done the socks quite a few times and seems happy to do them , it is her new job . Youngest is a little darling . When mum first moved in and lost her bearings , little one would pretend to dance with her nan but actually steered her to bathroom , bedroom wherever she was wanting to go ? hugely proud of her . When our cat got a bird she would bath poor dead bird, wrap it in kitchen roll and then bury it in the garden and go and make a wooden cross in the shed , we have about 50 bird graves dotted around as well as 2 dogs , the cat, her hamster and rabbit , it really is a pet cemetery here .
I jinxed myself earlier , as soon as I had posted all was ok, heard mum calling me , I walk in the bathroom to find the largest puddle of pee I have ever seen, she said she missed the toilet , boy yes she did. Gave her a cuddle , got her clean clothes and then cleaned up , all done with no fuss . It’s not the first time but do much easier than the sink issue . ??. Hope you are both having a good evening . Love the buttons idea @Bikerbeth . Hubby loves Lemon cues and I have recently got in to it , not much choice though round here. Wilkinson’s one is good . The bread was absolutely scrumptious , def a must to do more often , we picked a really easy recipe too .

annielou

Sep 27, 2019
Yorkshire
Oh bu@@er @Woo2 I hate it when jinxing happens ? Poor mum and you having to clean it up but it sounds like you handled it really well ?? Hugs for both of you.
Well done on the bread ?

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
It was fine , I can cope with that no problem, I can clean up anything , it’s the moodiness I can’t deal with so much . I look forward to kneading the bread it’s a good way of releasing tension :) . Thanks @annielou.

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
Strange morning , mum got up a lot later at 9am , was quite confused , had a cup of tea and breakfast and then sat in chair and fell asleep , she has been snoring unbelievably loud , we just woke her up to have a drink and lunch . She said she didn’t sleep well but that’s a standard response that’s she thinks she should say in answer to the question as we all heard her snoring most of the night and she didn’t get up much. I am quite concerned about wether she had an infection or a downturn but I just cannot get a urine sample , I was tempted to wring the towels out from the wee on floor last night but thought it might be contaminated . I can’t and wouldn’t take her to hospital but wonder wether I should call gp for AB’s just in case .

annielou

Sep 27, 2019
Yorkshire
Oh dear @Woo2 x If not rung today, maybe if mum is still more confused and sleepy over weekend ring drs on Monday and ask about ABs on a phone consultation. x

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
Hi @Woo2. How has your Mum been this afternoon? Hopefully she has improved by now and is back to her usual self
Hi @Bikerbeth , thank you , she was her normal self, much more subdued of an evening . It’s a drastic change but not huge if you know what I mean so I’m not sure if it’s something or nothing . This disease keeps us on our toes and always guessing :rolleyes:. Hope things ok with you ?

Bikerbeth

Feb 11, 2019
Bedford
Hopefully it will be nothing. Hopefully whatever it is will disappear over the weekend and you won’t have the added issue of tests etc at the moment

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
Hi @Bikerbeth , not too bad thank you , Mum seems a little better, girls are bickering , cabin fever kicking in slightly . Have you sown any seeds ? We are waiting a little longer to see if frosts have passed .

Bikerbeth

Feb 11, 2019
Bedford
Hi. I planted carrots in small troughs but have been taking them in overnight. I think it is getting warmer over the weekend.
glad to hear your Mum is a little better and hope you are 100% again especially if you have bickering girls to deal with. Sorry no advise on that one as no children.