Care at home,what happens when somebody gets coronavirus

occupied99

Jan 3, 2020
Has anyone managed to speak to any health professionals and had any advice about what happens if you care for somebody at home and either one of you or both get ill,I imagine you could be too ill to cook and feed the person you are looking after and they may well be ill too,I'm worried that we are going to be left to our own devices and abandoned at home to fend for ourselves,obviously this is the worst case situation but it would be nice to know what will happen

Julesblue

Dec 6, 2014
Has anyone managed to speak to any health professionals and had any advice about what happens if you care for somebody at home and either one of you or both get ill,I imagine you could be too ill to cook and feed the person you are looking after and they may well be ill too,I'm worried that we are going to be left to our own devices and abandoned at home to fend for ourselves,obviously this is the worst case situation but it would be nice to know what will happen
I’ve asked the question and had no response

occupied99

Jan 3, 2020
Hi who did you ask or do you mean you asked on the forum?I did ask the care company and they said they would call me back yesterday but they haven't and I know they wont
Anyway I have an emergency box of vitamins,water and paracetamol,and bottles of water,at least that bits sorted

Rencat

Nov 15, 2018
Hi, I presume your partner has been classed as vulnerable, most neighbourhoods now have the nhs volunteers the government were talking about. Find your local community hub or church, they’ll probably be coordinating it all. Your gp will also probably have a list of volunteers also. Explain the situation and tells them what you need help with. I’ve a lovely girl that got in touch and now she’s walking my dog as I’ve Been told to stay indoors for 12 weeks.get in touch with one of them and before you know it you look have food parcels on your doorstep. Scary times but together we’ll get through it, but you’ve got to tell someone you exist

occupied99

Jan 3, 2020
Hi who did you ask or do you mean on the forum?I did ask the caer company and they said they would call me back yesterday but they haven't and I know they wont
Hi, I presume your partner has been classed as vulnerable, most neighbourhoods now have the nhs volunteers the government were talking about. Find your local community hub or church, they’ll probably be coordinating it all. Your gp will also probably have a list of volunteers also. Explain the situation and tells them what you need help with. I’ve a lovely girl that got in touch and now she’s walking my dog as I’ve Been told to stay indoors for 12 weeks.get in touch with one of them and before you know it you look have food parcels on your doorstep. Scary times but together we’ll get through it, but you’ve got to tell someone you exist
Hi thanks I look after my mother she's bedbound with dementia,she has carers that visit to give personal care and I feed mum and hold her drinks for her,I'm so worried about becoming ill and not being well enough to feed my mum,as the carers will surely withdraw if my mum gets the virus,I will have to ring the doctor on Monday and see if he is willing to tell me what's going to happen,somebody must have a plan
I haven't heard much about the volunteers do you think they will enter the home of somebody that has the virus,I would have thought they are more to help people that have been left without carers and to do shopping

occupied99

Jan 3, 2020
Hi I will ring social services on Monday and ask them if they have an emergency plan,they must have one