My dad

Deedee56

Mar 27, 2020
Hi was hoping i could get some advice. My dad has dementia 82 and lives on his own. With all this goin on I need help. My partner has just finished chemo and has a letter from his doc to say he is high risk but I depend on him to drive me to get my dads stuff. We are both supposed to be in house for 12 weeks

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
Hello @Deedee56, you are welcome here.

I'm sure you will get advice from our experienced membership.

In the meantime, it may be worth trying to contact your local adult Social Services and maybe they could advise.

It is a difficult time for making any arrangements for carers. I'm stuck in a similar situation myself with my wife so I've made contact with our Social Worker and am just hoping that they can help if the need arises.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Hi and welcome from me too @Deedee56.

Would it be possible to arrange for home delivery from a supermarket. I’m beginning to find it easier to get slots now. Having said that I don’t know if your dad would be able to cope with groceries being left outside the house for him.

Deedee56

Mar 27, 2020
Hi and welcome from me too @Deedee56.

Would it be possible to arrange for home delivery from a supermarket. I’m beginning to find it easier to get slots now. Having said that I don’t know if your dad would be able to cope with groceries being left outside the house for him.
He wouldnt put them away thats the problem