The Adventures of Poppet & Other Stories

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
I know it’s selfish, but having this place to ourselves is bliss. I was dreading Easter weekend and the summer holidays. Now it’s just eight or ten of us, no screaming kids, no queue for the showers and as a bonus the washing machine is free @nitram

I’m on a pitch with hook up and a water tap, there is a drain too. I’m in need of a hose to empty the “grey water”, so I’m not using any water in the van. I’m getting pretty good at filling an old lemonade bottle from the tap and washing up in a bowl

One loo and one shower are still accessible. It’s not so bad

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Thank you @Woo2, it’s been a trying time, but fingers crossed it will be easier now.

We did try telling the others to stick it out and wait for the full news, but they have moved out. I’m glad the other two families who were told to leave didn’t. They had nowhere to go apart from a lay-by somewhere. They are still here, with others around, so that’s better for everyone

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
I know it’s selfish, but having this place to ourselves is bliss. I was dreading Easter weekend and the summer holidays. Now it’s just eight or ten of us, no screaming kids, no queue for the showers and as a bonus the washing machine is free @nitram

Not selfish, you are being enabled to 'help the NHS' in your area and deserve some leeway.

Given that good weather continues is a site BBQ with vino/CM/? possible , social distancing could make this somewhat unusual!

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Given that good weather continues is a site BBQ with vino/CM/? possible , social distancing could make this somewhat unusual!

Funny you should say that @nitram, I decided on an experiment this afternoon and took out a chair, some cushions and a fleece and then sat out in an open space. First one lady came out and I called her over, then another. We sat well apart and chatted. I said it seemed like a good thing to do and wouId also mean we can ask if anyone has anything spare if one of us is short. I’ve offered shampoo, conditioner and soap as I had rather a stockpile (thanks to mums love of buying) and I’m still working my way through it all a year later. I’ve seen two others later today and told them we will be meeting tomorrow at 15.30. It’s a “bring your own” coffee / tea / whatever you fancy meet up lol

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
With the amount of times we are told we should wash our hands nowadays you should get through the remainder in double quick time!

Hmm - got quite a bit left - there are 4 of us in the house as well

I left behind a bath full of toilet roll, kitchen towel and tissues.................

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
With the amount of times we are told we should wash our hands nowadays you should get through the remainder in double quick time!
With a nurse for a mother, hand washing was and is a “normal” activity in my home. I’m still astounded at the apparent novelty it is to some. Hence my offering my excess to those around me

Banjomansmate

Jan 13, 2019
Dorset
I have friends who just cleared his Mum’s house a couple of months ago when she moved into residential care. They disposed of a small freezer, I think they are regretting it now!

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
Oh please ... I don't think I can bear to be carting it around for that long. I gave a few bags away and I still have boxes left ...

Perhaps we don't use a lot of soap - most of what has been used was for pre washing muddy cycling kit (cyclo cross) the only way to get mud out. I have fancy soap from body shop/lush/xmas markets from kids for baths/showers, kids use shower gel for shower, OH has used it for daily shave, and it is by ensuite sink. Downstairs toilet has mini body shop soaps or hotel acquired ones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tori_75