Care visits

h.siddey

Mar 24, 2020
Hi I'm really struggling to know how best to care for my mum in the current situation. I understand the government guidelines are to only visit for essentials ie food/medication. My mum is reasonably well at the moment. She can do basics, washing, dressing and simple meal preparation but it's already hitting her hard that she can't leave the house. A family member has said I shouldn't be visiting at all!!

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
Hi I'm really struggling to know how best to care for my mum in the current situation. I understand the government guidelines are to only visit for essentials ie food/medication. My mum is reasonably well at the moment. She can do basics, washing, dressing and simple meal preparation but it's already hitting her hard that she can't leave the house. A family member has said I shouldn't be visiting at all!!
My mum is the same. I got her food for 10 days than I have emailed shops which deliver. My mum doesn’t have dementia. But I have a father who does(different house and has carers)I have limited myself visiting them both. Dad I probably won’t see for 3weeks . Mum will be 1day a week IF needed. Less likely to pass on the virus.