PPE - whose responsibility?

Vix321

Mar 24, 2015
My mum is living in her own home. She has carers - they are employed by an agency, but she pays privately for this.

Historically, I have provided gloves for them to use while they are working with mum. (Although I am now wondering if the agency should have been providing this as they have a responsibility to provide PPE for their employees)

If the PPE requirements change etc with the coronavirus, whose responsibility is it to provide appropriate PPE for the carers? Thanks.

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
My mum is living in her own home. She has carers - they are employed by an agency, but she pays privately for this.

Historically, I have provided gloves for them to use while they are working with mum. (Although I am now wondering if the agency should have been providing this as they have a responsibility to provide PPE for their employees)

If the PPE requirements change etc with the coronavirus, whose responsibility is it to provide appropriate PPE for the carers? Thanks.
It is the care company’s responsibility for ALL ppe.

RosettaT

Sep 9, 2018
Mid Lincs
Yep my OHs care company provide PPE for their staff tho' I buy my own. There is one supervisor who visits occasionally and will give me a box of gloves and roll of aprons as I am OHs second carer.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Agreed that provision of Personal Protective Equipment is the responsibility of the employer who must ensure that the employee is protected from harm.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GillWife