Hospital

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
That sounds a little more encouraging , glad things seem to be moving /happening . It takes the wheels a time to get going and for each department to talk to each other. Hope it’s a good visit tom and that you are getting some rest .

dogdayafternoon

Dec 30, 2017
Not a bad day, when I arrived she was in bed but with the back raised, happy mood, offered orange juice and she drank the 250ml in a short time, Next she said she wanted to go to the toilet and I explained she had a catheta for fluid but she wanted a poo, not sure but with not eating much I have not observed her wanting or doing one so I call the nurse, she brings another to help and they bring the wheeled toilet near the bed but when they triy to get her out of bed she objects then says she does not want to go now so nurses leave and I sit with her again but after five munutes she says she really need to go, after some time I get the nuses back and they sit her on the comode and leave. after a couple of minutes she says she really needs to go and i say you are on the toilet just go. It is as if she does not think she can go there so I take her through to the toilet carrying her urine bag (she stands up very easily). I leave her on the toilet securing the bag to the handrail, after a couple of minutes I hear a noise and she has stood up the bag falls on the floor, I tell her sit untill you finish but she cannot go so we go back to her arm chair, she sits for five minutes but wants to go again, we do this three more times.
Doctor comes wanting to take blood so I go for lunch, when I return she has not eaten anything and wants to go to bed so I help her to bed but after five minutes she wants to go back to the chair, all this time she stands up quite fast, finally she wants to go to the toilet again so once more arry the bag and take her hand, after two minutes she says she can not so we go back to her chair, all the time asking to go home and why am I being nasty.
After sitting in the chair for five minutes she wants to sit on the bed so I help her remembering to move the bag but after a short time she wants to move back but i notice poo on the seat that i clean but when she stands up from the bed there is poo on the cover. By this time it is 4pm so I rell her it is the end of visiting and I leave and mention to the sister in the corredor about the misshap.
Good thing, her kidneys are ok, she can poo, she is talking like she did before getting angry with me and she is walking ok, just have a fear she will walk in the night and pull the catheta out, bad thing not eating, I asked if there was anything she would eat but would not think of anything, I feel worn out.

dogdayafternoon

Dec 30, 2017
More like herself today, saying nasty things to me and go with that other woman and I did not care for her. Feeling cold so I add another blanket then she sits forward and it falls down so I need to put it back, wants me to give her pain killers and when I tell her the nurse has to give them she says I don't care about her.
She does not want to sleep there, wants me to smuggle her out, keeps talking about something that happened in the night but would not say any details, still not eating but drank three bottles of juice, wanted the toilet but let go half way there, this even soiled her cardigan. Because of this they moved her to a single room and she was happy so I told her I would go home to wash her cardi and bring two more, then I took the opportunity to leave early.

dogdayafternoon

Dec 30, 2017
Still more like she was before the fall calling me names and that I don't care about her. Only took her one juice as the nurses thought the extra juice had caused her loose bowels yesterday.
When I would not help her to leave she told me to go away so I did returning after lunch, she had not eaten lunch but the nurse said she had eaten breakfast, I brought her some M&S prawns that she likes but she did not want them.
She then started wanting to leave I would explain she had to be well first, she would be quiet for a couple of minutes then start again about why could she not leave, lucky a doctor came to take blood that stopped the conversation but after the doctor left it started again, wanting to leave, why not, I am being nasty. I stood it up to 3:15pm then left.
Not sure what will happen next with corvid-19 taking over everything, think they will just dump her on me so she will get her wish and no chance of carers in the present situation.

dogdayafternoon

Dec 30, 2017
Today she was same as yesterday but without catheta, later an auxilliary nurse said she must has disloged it during the night.
She wanted the toilet so I took her but nothing, her lunch came but she was not eating so I left to get lunch. When I returned she was anxious asking where had I been as she needed the toilet so I took her but nothing so we returned, after five minutes she wanted to go so again I took her, again nothing.
Nurses came to check the sores on her legs so I left the room, one very kind nurse then took her to the toilet and stayed with her until she passed something and on return made us both some tea. The same nurse returned to take her BP and it was a little low, nurse asked her to drink some more but she had only one sip of tea
She began saying she wanted to leave and she had phoned the police and she was going to a hotel, when I tried to talk she asked why wasn't I with the other woman.
She then started saying she wanted to be alone so I left early 2:30pm.
I realise she was talking like this before the fall so mentally she is almost back to as before.

dogdayafternoon

Dec 30, 2017
Today I was concerned about travel because of the virus scare but I decided to go by car, was allowed in as usual at 10:45, when I entered her room she was sitting in her chair but very agitated calling me nanna and worried about falling, I tried to placate her but to no avail. The consultant arrived introduced himself then asked my wife to sit forward but when she did she she slid to the floor, as the nurses were getting her up the consultant asked me outside to talk, I gave him a potted history back to her nervous breakdown in 1977. He surprised me by saying he did not think it was dementia but some underlying problem that she had had for a long time and that he had asked the psychiatric team to examine her again. (please read my original posts under "not sure")He also told me he has arranged for her to be transferred to another hospital where he has a recovery ward.
He told the nurses to get her a better reclining chair and they came with a new multi position one, I left for lunch but when I returned she has not sitting all the way back in the new chair and kept leaning forward, in the end she wanted the toilet, I tried to help her to stand but she slid to the floor, called the nurses and they brought the hoist but put her to bed, I talked to her for a while but she nodded off so I left 3pm

dogdayafternoon

Dec 30, 2017
when I arrived this morning a nurse told me her transfer would be at 2pm and I was booked to go with her, she was sitting in her old chair wanting to go home, a young doctor entered and checked her chest and heart, he talked about another x ray and he was surprised when I told him she was moving.
I left to drive home and returned by taxi at 1:30 pm, the nurses had packed her things but she was very agitated asking why was she moving and she did not want an operation. The ambulance guy's turned up at 2:30 and she had a meltdown, did not want to go, would not stand up, I left the room and the sister and nurses finally got her on to the ambulance trolly, all the way to the other hospital she was asking what was going to happen.
Got to the hospital she is on the sixth floor a bigger ward her room has eight beds all ladies in bed, not sitting, I asked about visiting and only 2 till 4 and one person because of the virus, she was not happy when I left at 4pm.
Hope she srttles ok.

jenniferjean

Apr 2, 2016
Basingstoke, Hampshire
when I arrived this morning a nurse told me her transfer would be at 2pm and I was booked to go with her, she was sitting in her old chair wanting to go home, a young doctor entered and checked her chest and heart, he talked about another x ray and he was surprised when I told him she was moving.
I left to drive home and returned by taxi at 1:30 pm, the nurses had packed her things but she was very agitated asking why was she moving and she did not want an operation. The ambulance guy's turned up at 2:30 and she had a meltdown, did not want to go, would not stand up, I left the room and the sister and nurses finally got her on to the ambulance trolly, all the way to the other hospital she was asking what was going to happen.
Got to the hospital she is on the sixth floor a bigger ward her room has eight beds all ladies in bed, not sitting, I asked about visiting and only 2 till 4 and one person because of the virus, she was not happy when I left at 4pm.
Hope she srttles ok.
I hope she settles too. Keep posting

dogdayafternoon

Dec 30, 2017
She was sleeping when I arrived at 2pm, she had two drips one in her foot and one in her hand, nurse said she had arrived with an infection that should have been dealt with at the previous hospital.
I sat for a few minutes then she woke up in a good mood, they wheeled her away again to fit a new catheta, when she returned she was happy and another nurse said she had been eating a little apple slice, she remained in a good mood the only thing she thought she was going out in the car, they brought tea and sandwiches and cup cakes but she did not eat any, I tried tempting her with a small piece of cake, in the end she fell asleep and the nurse said she had been awake all night so I left 3:45, the first nurse was at the door and wanted some background so I gave her a good history back as far as 1974 and she said that was helpfull.
I feel she is getting more attention here and more hopeful of a good outcome now.

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
How sad that last hospital missed the infection or didn’t treat it , it sounds a lot more positive and I hope they get to the bottom of it soon . Take care .

dogdayafternoon

Dec 30, 2017
I forgot to say that yesterday I got a call from the psychiatric team asking how she was, I told them she was in isolation with an infection and I said it was makingher dementia worse and they said well its delusion so I started talking about all her short term memory losses in the past two years and they seemed unaware of that.
Anyway today she was still in isolation but talkative thinking one of her old friends had just visited, I gave her some orange juice and the drank the whole 250ml bottle quite fast. The nurse said she was still not eating much so I asked her what could I bring, at first she said nothing but in the end she agreed to try some tomato soup so I will take some in a flask tomorrow, she slowly got sleepy so I left at 3:30pm to try and buy loo roll and eggs, in the end all I found were some blue eggs and no loo rolls, that was after four shops