Info from care company

occupied99

Jan 3, 2020
Just had a supervisor dropping off a box of aprons,my mum is a red light on their system as she has 2 carers at each visit,that may drop down to 1 carer as I'm here to assist so they know that's ok,I asked her for gloves and she's given me a box,I will ask for more as and when I need them.
The carers this morning said that a lot of people are off 8 so far,some of them I think as they have kept kids at home and some are scared about catching the virus,which you can understand but clients are more likely to catch it off them at the end of the day as most of the clients don't leave the home,I shop wearing a mask now,which isn't a guarantee but I have to wear it as have a heath condition,now that the shops have changed their opening times it's going to be busy at all times so I can't find a quiet time,hence having to wear a mask due to the crowds.
A lot of calls will be cut according to peoples ability

Cap'n Grimm

Feb 6, 2019
I told my care company to prioritise more vulnerable people and not to worry about mum. I live with her and have been given unpaid leave for as long as I need. I wish I could be out in the community doing more to help. But need to keep mum isolated for her own safety. So if I can free up someone else’s time to help it might make a small difference.

occupied99

Jan 3, 2020
I told my care company to prioritise more vulnerable people and not to worry about mum. I live with her and have been given unpaid leave for as long as I need. I wish I could be out in the community doing more to help. But need to keep mum isolated for her own safety. So if I can free up someone else’s time to help it might make a small difference.
Yes that's good I'm glad you're their to help your mum,A lot of people have cancelled the calls and single calls where people can still get manage to get by,it sounds like they wont be doing those or at least they will get limited visits.

Cap'n Grimm

Feb 6, 2019
Yes that's good I'm glad you're their to help your mum,A lot of people have cancelled the calls and single calls where people can still get manage to get by,it sounds like they wont be doing those or at least they will get limited visits.
The daycare where I would take mum twice a week has shut down until further notice. I worry about some of the people who used to go. Loneliness could be far mor damaging to them than this virus.