Second Month of Reducing Gabapentin

NotTooLate

Jun 10, 2017
Alvechurch
toolate.blog
I'm trying to reduce all my medication. It took over 6 months to finally get free of morphine and that was tough.
Now, I'm working of getting free of Gabapentin.

I was wondering if anyone else had tried this idea, to help with their dementia?

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
hi,
ive recently restarted on gabapentin, but a low dose. As it wasn’t working, I was advised to up the dose considerably. I didn’t, remembering the previous side effects. Maybe I’ll give up on those now, dont want more problems!
Good luck!

Helly68

Mar 12, 2018
I took Lyrica, similar to gabapentin for neurological pain. It worked well, but after my knee replacement eased my pain, and Lyrica caused me to gain two stone, I decided to come off it.
I reduced gradually and don't feel so hungry now. Weight is still an issue but Lyrica also affected my mood which I didn't like.

NotTooLate2

Mar 6, 2020
England ???????
toolate.blog
Hi Spamar and thanks for taking the time to reply!

I’ve been on Gabapentin for a long time, but I’ve never been checked to see if I needed to continue with it and I realised that this is true for all my medication.

I’ve decided to reduce my medication and I now have my doctor’s support.

I will continue to this as long as I can and as long as there is a positive outcome.
I was badly addicted to morphine and every morning I would wake cold and sweating, unable to do anything before taking my next dose. Now, after nearly a year, I’m free of all morphine and I feel so much better and alive. This gave me big push to do more. The downside... I still get cravings, aches and pains, but fingers crossed this will get easier with time.

You have to be sure you can come off it and only you really know that.

Can I ask if you have Dementia? I’m trying to get in touch with anyone that has dementia and is online.

Here is my site I started to share ideas about suffering with dementia, not for Carers looking after people with it. Toolate.blog

Here is my daily medication regime and nightmare:

Aspirin 75mg 1 daily in morning HEART
Anti platelet agent. Stops blood clotting. Following heart problems 2007 and stent fitted.

Atorvastatin 80mg 1 daily at night Maximum Dose HEART
Statin. To lower cholesterol in blood. Following heart problems 2007 and stent fitted.
To be used when diet and life style fail to achieve lower cholesterol.

Bisoprolol 5mg 1 daily in morning HEART
Beta blocker. Protect heart from too much activity. Following heart problems 2007 and stent fitted.
Not to be used if heartbeat below 60bpm?

Candesartan 16mg 1 daily in morning HEART
Relax and widen blood vessels. Help to lower blood pressure. Makes easier for heart to pump blood. Following heart problems 2007 and stent fitted.

Bendroflumethiazide 2.5mg 1 daily in morning HEART
Water tablets. Reduce fluid retention. Lower blood pressure.

Glyceryl Trinitrate 500microg when required. HEART
Helps with heart pain and breathlessness

Donepezil10mg1 daily at night DEMENTIA
To help mild or moderately severe dementia
Slows down the breakdown of acetylcholine in in brain. Acetylcholine = neurotransmitter… vital for brain cells to communicate

Risperidone 0.5mg 1 daily at night ANTI-PSYCHOTIC

Betahistine16mg 1 – 3 times daily Morning, afternoon and night. Ménière’s
Vertigo, Tinnitus, Hearing loss. Helps blood pressure in inner ear. If I miss I get continued awareness of blood flowing in my head at each heartbeat.

Cinnarizine 15mg 2 – 3 times daily Morning, afternoon and night. Ménière’s
Bad Nausea, Vertigo, Tinnitus, Hearing loss. Helps blood pressure in inner ear.

Gabapentin 300mg 1 – 3 times daily Morning, afternoon and night.EPILEPSY AND NEUROPATHIC PAIN

Lamotrigine 150mg 1 twice daily Morning and night EPILEPSY
Blocks signals to the brain that trigger epileptic seizures

Levetiracetam 1.5g 1 twice daily Morning and night EPILEPSY
Help treat seizures predominantly from left temporal side if brain.
Add-on to Lamotrigine to help tonic clonic seizures. Grand Mal

Citalpram 40mg 1 daily at night DEPRESSION
SSRI Helps with panic attacks and depression

Mirtazapine 45mg 1 daily at night DEPRESSION
Antidepressant

Venlalic XL 75mg 1daily in the morning DEPRESSION
SNRI not sure who prescribed this. Severe side effects … increased episodes of severe muscular pain in body, increased Ménière’s problems, either sleeping all the time, or not at all. Took long time to settle

Lorazepam-1mg 1 twice daily Morning and night EXTREME ANXIETY
Helps with anxiety, stress and panic attacks

Pregabalin 100mg 1 twice daily Morning and night SEVERE NEURALGIC PAIN
Helps against hot, sharp, toothache like pain, in right side of face, ear, eye, arm and hand, teeth and gums, lower back, groin, backside, back of leg and inside leg, below foot.

Omeprazole 20mg 1 daily in morning ANTACID
Reduces acid in stomach. Protein pump inhibitors. .

Salbutamol 100 micrograms every 4 hours ASTHMA

Salmeterol 50 micrograms 1 twice daily ASTHMA

Cleaning Modulite 100 micrograms 2 twice daily ASTHMA

Senna 7.5mg 2 daily at night

Ispaghula husk 3.5 1 twice daily

Micro-Enema 5ml every other day

NotTooLate2

Mar 6, 2020
England ???????
toolate.blog
Hi Helly and thank you for taking the time to reply.
Interesting that you mention, Lyrica, which is Pregabalin, another medication that I am taking and planning to come off. I understand you coming off this gradually as it is addictive! When you read the blurb that comes with your medication, it is frightening.

Good to hear you are feeling better.

Can I please ask if you suffer with some form of dementia?

I’m trying to contact other sufferers to help and share information about slowing, stopping and reversing the symptoms of dementia! My site is toolate.blog

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Pregabalin was another thing I reacted to, think it lasted three days!
No, no dementia. My late husband had it, which is why I’m here. Just haven’t left!

Having been in hospital recently, well, last autumn, my pills have been changed so many times I have a problem keeping up. I have osteoarthritis and when I had to give up what I was taking and was effective it’s been a struggle to find anything that’s effective and I don’t get severe side effects. Plus many things have a reaction on the kidneys. Having had cancer on one last year, I’m not anxious to use anything that would affect the workings of the remaining one!

I admire you for keeping track of all those pills!

NotTooLate

Jun 10, 2017
Alvechurch
toolate.blog
Hi Spamar... thank you for your reply!

You had a bad time... hope you feeling bit better.

My tablets are now supplied in blister packs, so no problem keeping track. I had really serious problems when there was an error. This is when I started keeping track myself.

Helly68

Mar 12, 2018
Hi Helly and thank you for taking the time to reply.
Interesting that you mention, Lyrica, which is Pregabalin, another medication that I am taking and planning to come off. I understand you coming off this gradually as it is addictive! When you read the blurb that comes with your medication, it is frightening.

Good to hear you are feeling better.

Can I please ask if you suffer with some form of dementia?

I’m trying to contact other sufferers to help and share information about slowing, stopping and reversing the symptoms of dementia! My site is toolate.blog
I don't have dementia, my Mum does, which is why I am on TP. I took Lyrica for severe neuropathic pain. I wish you all the best in contacting others.

850 norton

Dec 1, 2017
Hey there,
3 chaps with dementia have posted on here, but I haven't seen anything from them for a while, their usernames were;
normms, countryboy & tony
Regards Andy

PJ

Jan 26, 2017
Bristol
Hi Spamar and thanks for taking the time to reply!

I’ve been on Gabapentin for a long time, but I’ve never been checked to see if I needed to continue with it and I realised that this is true for all my medication.

I’ve decided to reduce my medication and I now have my doctor’s support.

I will continue to this as long as I can and as long as there is a positive outcome.
I was badly addicted to morphine and every morning I would wake cold and sweating, unable to do anything before taking my next dose. Now, after nearly a year, I’m free of all morphine and I feel so much better and alive. This gave me big push to do more. The downside... I still get cravings, aches and pains, but fingers crossed this will get easier with time.

You have to be sure you can come off it and only you really know that.

Can I ask if you have Dementia? I’m trying to get in touch with anyone that has dementia and is online.

Here is my site I started to share ideas about suffering with dementia, not for Carers looking after people with it. Toolate.blog

Here is my daily medication regime and nightmare:

Aspirin 75mg 1 daily in morning HEART
Anti platelet agent. Stops blood clotting. Following heart problems 2007 and stent fitted.

Atorvastatin 80mg 1 daily at night Maximum Dose HEART
Statin. To lower cholesterol in blood. Following heart problems 2007 and stent fitted.
To be used when diet and life style fail to achieve lower cholesterol.

Bisoprolol 5mg 1 daily in morning HEART
Beta blocker. Protect heart from too much activity. Following heart problems 2007 and stent fitted.
Not to be used if heartbeat below 60bpm?

Candesartan 16mg 1 daily in morning HEART
Relax and widen blood vessels. Help to lower blood pressure. Makes easier for heart to pump blood. Following heart problems 2007 and stent fitted.

Bendroflumethiazide 2.5mg 1 daily in morning HEART
Water tablets. Reduce fluid retention. Lower blood pressure.

Glyceryl Trinitrate 500microg when required. HEART
Helps with heart pain and breathlessness

Donepezil10mg1 daily at night DEMENTIA
To help mild or moderately severe dementia
Slows down the breakdown of acetylcholine in in brain. Acetylcholine = neurotransmitter… vital for brain cells to communicate

Risperidone 0.5mg 1 daily at night ANTI-PSYCHOTIC

Betahistine16mg 1 – 3 times daily Morning, afternoon and night. Ménière’s
Vertigo, Tinnitus, Hearing loss. Helps blood pressure in inner ear. If I miss I get continued awareness of blood flowing in my head at each heartbeat.

Cinnarizine 15mg 2 – 3 times daily Morning, afternoon and night. Ménière’s
Bad Nausea, Vertigo, Tinnitus, Hearing loss. Helps blood pressure in inner ear.

Gabapentin 300mg 1 – 3 times daily Morning, afternoon and night.EPILEPSY AND NEUROPATHIC PAIN

Lamotrigine 150mg 1 twice daily Morning and night EPILEPSY
Blocks signals to the brain that trigger epileptic seizures

Levetiracetam 1.5g 1 twice daily Morning and night EPILEPSY
Help treat seizures predominantly from left temporal side if brain.
Add-on to Lamotrigine to help tonic clonic seizures. Grand Mal

Citalpram 40mg 1 daily at night DEPRESSION
SSRI Helps with panic attacks and depression

Mirtazapine 45mg 1 daily at night DEPRESSION
Antidepressant

Venlalic XL 75mg 1daily in the morning DEPRESSION
SNRI not sure who prescribed this. Severe side effects … increased episodes of severe muscular pain in body, increased Ménière’s problems, either sleeping all the time, or not at all. Took long time to settle

Lorazepam-1mg 1 twice daily Morning and night EXTREME ANXIETY
Helps with anxiety, stress and panic attacks

Pregabalin 100mg 1 twice daily Morning and night SEVERE NEURALGIC PAIN
Helps against hot, sharp, toothache like pain, in right side of face, ear, eye, arm and hand, teeth and gums, lower back, groin, backside, back of leg and inside leg, below foot.

Omeprazole 20mg 1 daily in morning ANTACID
Reduces acid in stomach. Protein pump inhibitors. .

Salbutamol 100 micrograms every 4 hours ASTHMA

Salmeterol 50 micrograms 1 twice daily ASTHMA

Cleaning Modulite 100 micrograms 2 twice daily ASTHMA

Senna 7.5mg 2 daily at night

Ispaghula husk 3.5 1 twice daily

Micro-Enema 5ml every other day
Hi I’ve not been on TP for a little while but with this crazy world atm I thought I’d check in & see how everyone is.
I was reading your post and was shocked at how many meds you take.
I take Sertraline 150mg daily, Gabapentin 300mg 4 x day, Zapain 8 per day.
I have bvFTD was diagnosed 2yrs ago, I’m now 53. How are you coping with the world as it is atm?

NotTooLate

Jun 10, 2017
Alvechurch
toolate.blog
Hi PJ, sorry for delay in replying... not too good for awhile, but ok now!

I've not heard of Sertraline, or Zapain, but I have heard of Gabapentin and this is the cause of my resent problems.

I hope you are managing to live ok with your dementia? I was diagnosed with non specific dementia, also about 2 years ago and I'm doing everything I can to live with and hopefully slow, stop, or reverse it! I do all sorts of things and one is a blog where I'm trying to contact as many dementia sufferers to help and share ideas.

As for the present World... It is frightening, amazing and unbelievable ! Frightening that something can be unknown just a few months ago and now has the world at it's knees! Amazing how the World is coming together to try and solve this, it is a pity it takes something like this to make this happen!? Unbelievable that there are people so selfish, so uncaring, so thick, that they cannot think of anything other than themselves!? But... that's people! Most are and long to remain good, there will always be the few that will spoil it. It is fascinating that the minority always seem to have the upper hand. I suppose the evil will always dominate while the good standby and do nothing!

Case in point: Today on the news, someone stole PPE equipment from a hospital. Someone, other than the thieves know of this... just one anonymous call to the police!?

Anyway, enough of my ramblings. Look after yourself my friend and hopefully we will be chatting again soon!

Richard

Not Too Late