Care visits

occupied99

Jan 3, 2020
I have half a mind to stay upstairs when the carers visit,but do you think that would seem anti social?I have a very close relationship with some of them but to be honest there are a couple that can be irritating so I'm thinking this could be a way to have a break from them,I hope that doesn't sound horrid but when you have 8 carers coming in every day when you get a few annoying ones it can get a bit much,but will they think it's odd as they are giving mum personal care she would get anything they are carrying and so they might think it strange that I am staying out of the way as what would be the point as mum would pass it to me anyway,hope that makes sense
I should add I have type 2 diabetes

occupied99

Jan 3, 2020
I have spoken to my friend this morning and he says I would be better pottering about in the kitchen rather that staying out of the way upstairs besides the nice carers cheer me up and give me moral support

occupied99

Jan 3, 2020
I have spoken to my friend this morning and he says I would be better pottering about in the kitchen rather that staying out of the way upstairs besides the nice carers that visit cheer me up and give me moral support so I wouldn't want to avoid them

Alex54

Oct 15, 2018
Newtown, Wales
@occupied99 with the coronavirus every decision is hard and difficult to get right.
We have two carers four times a day, and sometimes it can seem like they are taking over. Personally I would engage with all the carers and not let them out of your sight. If you hide away upstairs or in the kitchen then how do you know they are looking after your mother correctly?
I go out of my way to make each carer welcomed, and offer them coffee and cakes if we have been baking. The carers work hard and in these difficult times need all the support we can give them.

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
Hi @occupied99

You mentioned type 2 diabetes. Its important to manage your diabetes as you do everyday and make sure you monitor your blood sugars. Staying well hydrated is important obviously with non-sugary drinks. A full guide is posted below and don't forget you can contact your diabetes team local to you if you need advice

occupied99

Jan 3, 2020
@occupied99 with the coronavirus every decision is hard and difficult to get right.
We have two carers four times a day, and sometimes it can seem like they are taking over. Personally I would engage with all the carers and not let them out of your sight. If you hide away upstairs or in the kitchen then how do you know they are looking after your mother correctly?
I go out of my way to make each carer welcomed, and offer them coffee and cakes if we have been baking. The carers work hard and in these difficult times need all the support we can give them.
Hi yes I look after the carers very well and go above and beyond if fact my home is noted as the most relaxed,happy and friendly one that they visit,I buy or make them bacon rolls a couple of times a month as well as giving them sausage rolls shop bought or ones I have heated from my freezer yesterday they had sausage rolls from Greggs and the large biscuits with jam hearts in the middle also from Greggs,they also have lots of chocolate boxes left out for them through the year along with a regular offering of chocolate bars,I think I'm just feeling fed up of a couple that have come back that just happened to be irritating.

Last edited:

occupied99

Jan 3, 2020
Hi @occupied99

You mentioned type 2 diabetes. Its important to manage your diabetes as you do everyday and make sure you monitor your blood sugars. Staying well hydrated is important obviously with non-sugary drinks. A full guide is posted below and don't forget you can contact your diabetes team local to you if you need advice

I'm going to start using my meter,I remember testing before and the buggest peaks were from moments of stress as stress hormones produce glucose in the body