Urgent advice please

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
lol you would think so! My mother can’t string a coherent sentence together and doesn’t know who she is where she. She thinks she’s a little girl I’ve kidnapped and won’t take back to her mother! She’s had dozens of capacity tests and failed everyone !
Between now and the CHC assessment, make a note of every time you think a nurse should have attended to her. List her unpredictability in detail. List any time she seems particularly strange to you. Detailed evidence like this is very useful. I was awarded CHC three weeks after my husband had died, but it was worth over three thousand pounds even then.
Warmest, Kindred.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
I agree with kindred. But do be aware that it is the times that a qualified nurse needs to attend. Things like washing/dressing/personal care, feeding, hoisting, giving regular prescribed medication, defusing potential aggression etc can all be done by carers and do not need a nurse, so they dont count.

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
I agree with kindred. But do be aware that it is the times that a qualified nurse needs to attend. Things like washing/dressing/personal care, feeding, hoisting, giving regular prescribed medication, defusing potential aggression etc can all be done by carers and do not need a nurse, so they dont count.
Excellent point canary. Maybe we should think about when a qualified nurse needs to attend.
when breathing is laboured
when a fit is suspected
when agitation is extreme
a fall
an injury

Can you think of any more?
warmest, Kindred.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Medication that is required PRN (as and when required)
Insulin dependant diabetes
Skin tears
Blocked catheter
Lung conditions requiring oxygen

Im sure there is more

TraceyM

Sep 21, 2015
It is not ideal, but if you are prepared to pay, social services seem to be quite good at finding places quickly. I was in the position when Mum went downhill quickly. The doctor contacted social services advising of the need, I then called to ask for help. Their first question was about her finances. Because I knew she would not qualify anyway, I told them we were paying, I just needed emergency care help. They found a place within 2 hours, of course we paid. It sounds horrible, but I am more concerned about you. They have a duty to you too, and you are entitled to support. Good luck. You are amazing, take care.