Medication issues!

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
;):)I went and saw dad today.It was a good day.Managed to get him in the wheelchair and then into the conservatory to listen to some music.(Jazz) Did some tidying up and then checked his medication. I never understand the problem with some carers.The pharmacy has dated the blister packs with the week beginning of.Some people cannot seem to follow dates.He has four lots of blister packs where some days he has not had his evening medication.If dad refused that is fine but not to offer it is bad. There is no medication sheet(mars) for Febuary at all!.I couldn't resist emailed the company's head office and queried it as to why no meds sheet.(Going over to computer etc) Also left a early note for the carers in my communication book..Also asked dad if he was refusing ? His reply "They are paid to remind me not the other way around"! I had to laugh at that..30 minutes later head office phones me back..They Will be looking into it....We shall see!

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Oh dear - your dad’s comment!?

I hope you get things sorted out re the medication sheet though.

Bod

Aug 30, 2013
It might be best to remove the unused blister packs, leaving only the current one in use, that would give some idea as to how many doses have been missed, and when.
Your Dad is right, the Carers are paid to do whats required.

Bod

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
It might be best to remove the unused blister packs, leaving only the current one in use, that would give some idea as to how many doses have been missed, and when.
Your Dad is right, the Carers are paid to do whats required.

Bod
Hi. 6 doses have been missed. They are now on top of the cupboard. You think people would be able to follow dates wouldn’t you..

Jale

Jul 9, 2018
Surely the carers should have made a note in the book if your Dad has been offered but refused meds, or if he has taken them - I know Mum's carers did. Had to smile at your Dad's comment

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
Surely the carers should have made a note in the book if your Dad has been offered but refused meds, or if he has taken them - I know Mum's carers did. Had to smile at your Dad's comment
They should have but haven’t. Neither is it on the electronic app which they use. I think it must be newish carers. But no excuse really. When I did community the first thing I used to do was give the meds then do whatever. Unfortunately not everyone does it that way.