More moving on.....

Kikki21

Feb 27, 2016
East Midlands
It’s now over 10 months since my mum died. I feel like my life has changed a huge amount since that time. And it really has.
There are many pro’s to be grateful for, I now live in my own mortgage free house which is absolutely brilliant. I’m in a fantastic relationship with my boyfriend. I have just put my original self employed business up for sale as I want to pursue other opportunities - it was a big decision but the right one & the valuation of the business was a very pleasant surprise.
I hope for a quick sale & to be able to move on to my other opportunities quickly.

And yes unfortunately there are niggles. The situation with the executor is still rolling on & more serious.
I seriously think the man has mental health issues.
There are knock on effects to do with finances that are serious & which will have an effect on the future but measures will be put in place to hopefully fix everything so I hope to look back in 6 mths time & for things to change for the better here.
The house still needs work doing to it. The kitchen needs new tiles & painting. The house generally needs finishing off internally. The lounge needs to be painted. Some electrical work needs doing.
The bathroom needs attention. Some bright spark took the pull off the extractor fan which is desperately needed in there plus the shower over bath area needs full tiling. There is very sloppy plaster work on the other side of the bathroom too.

We want to tile roof over & join the outhouse to the house. New doors back & front which will be the next project. I think the fascias & guttering needs looking at too. Plus we are looking at having a combi boiler put in - before all that happens! I would love a nice holiday though!

Hopefully the sale of my business & stock will enable the facilitation of all the above plus help me along in establishing a separate arm of my existing other business & setting up a brand new one!

Kikki21

Feb 27, 2016
East Midlands
It`s good to hear most is going well.
Thank you. I have a lot to be grateful for but I’m not going to lie the stress of the executor situation is not easy to have to cope with. I only hope that I have sympathy from the people I’m going to owe money to shortly. He’s not budging & well how much store do you put on your credit rating being trodden all over?

Kikki21

Feb 27, 2016
East Midlands
Lovely to hear this, good luck with your new venture. X

Thank you! I’m still continuing with the general gift part of my business & expanding one part of it & I will exhibit at my first dedicated show in April with that & then when I get the rest of my inheritance or when I sell my original business, I am going to start an independent travel agent business. I’ll be affiliated to a parent company but I love to travel & I really miss it as not been on a proper holiday for 2 yrs! X

Susan11

Nov 18, 2018
Hi Kikki21
I have every sympathy with your probate problems. I have been waiting 2 years 9 months for my cousin to sort out probate for my uncle's estate. I thought we were getting on well before Christmas but now he's not even replying to my texts.
Susan

AliceA

May 27, 2016
Thank you! I’m still continuing with the general gift part of my business & expanding one part of it & I will exhibit at my first dedicated show in April with that & then when I get the rest of my inheritance or when I sell my original business, I am going to start an independent travel agent business. I’ll be affiliated to a parent company but I love to travel & I really miss it as not been on a proper holiday for 2 yrs! X
Xxx

Kikki21

Feb 27, 2016
East Midlands
Hi Kikki21
I have every sympathy with your probate problems. I have been waiting 2 years 9 months for my cousin to sort out probate for my uncle's estate. I thought we were getting on well before Christmas but now he's not even replying to my texts.
Susan

Hi Susan you have my every sympathy too. @Susan11 - I really think that there should be stricter laws in place if an executor who is not a solicitor undertakes probate & that an executor should be more accountable not only to the estate but all the beneficiaries. It’s my belief that they should sign an affidavit or some sort of legal checklist so if they do something wrong or are too slow or do not communicate with the beneficiaries then legal recourse can be pursued far quicker than is the case now. I wish now that I had started the process in removing the executor as executor way back in September as we are now 6 mths on & the man is basically going to break my credit limit. I have warned him of this but he simply doesn’t care. Even after last week’s episode, he is still insisting on a 2nd funeral. My cousin G just doesn’t know what to say about it anymore & we agree that he cannot be right mentally.

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
Hi Susan you have my every sympathy too. @Susan11 - I really think that there should be stricter laws in place if an executor who is not a solicitor undertakes probate & that an executor should be more accountable not only to the estate but all the beneficiaries. It’s my belief that they should sign an affidavit or some sort of legal checklist so if they do something wrong or are too slow or do not communicate with the beneficiaries then legal recourse can be pursued far quicker than is the case now. I wish now that I had started the process in removing the executor as executor way back in September as we are now 6 mths on & the man is basically going to break my credit limit. I have warned him of this but he simply doesn’t care. Even after last week’s episode, he is still insisting on a 2nd funeral. My cousin G just doesn’t know what to say about it anymore & we agree that he cannot be right mentally.
You can contact the probate office with concerns

I found out that my biological mums husband produced a will that was proceeded by another but as he lied about probate not being sorted out it’s a done deal!
I hopethe money makes him happy

I’m not bothered about the will, but I was shocked that executors can getaway with this poor behaviour.

Susan11

Nov 18, 2018
I know Probate hasn't been issued yet as you can check on line. The delays now are really bad . My neighbour had to wait 8 months when he applied for his father who had a will. My Uncle didn't make a will!
Susan

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
I know Probate hasn't been issued yet as you can check on line. The delays now are really bad . My neighbour had to wait 8 months when he applied for his father who had a will. My Uncle didn't make a will!
Susan
Hope you manage to get something sorted out soon.
(((((Hugs)))))

Susan11

Nov 18, 2018
Thank you. Especially for the hugs. I have no idea why my Uncle and Auntie didn't make wills . My only thought is they couldn't agree . There are lots of complications with dealing with my cousin which have slowed everything up. Theres nothing I can do now but wait!

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
Thank you. Especially for the hugs. I have no idea why my Uncle and Auntie didn't make wills . My only thought is they couldn't agree . There are lots of complications with dealing with my cousin which have slowed everything up. Theres nothing I can do now but wait!
Hugs always nice
(((((Hugs)))))

Kikki21

Feb 27, 2016
East Midlands

I found out that my biological mums husband produced a will that was proceeded by another but as he lied about probate not being sorted out it’s a done deal!

I’m not bothered about the will, but I was shocked that executors can getaway with this poor behaviour.

It’s a police case now plus I should have a solicitor onto it too but he seems to be the world’s slowest ever. I am going to contact a few other solicitors because it has taken a month for this one to get going & he isn’t actually going going as such. What good is a letter going to do when the executor just ignores legal letters? Xx

Kikki21

Feb 27, 2016
East Midlands
Susan

That seems an incredibly long wait but I guess it is because your Uncle did not make a Will. Is the estate complicated? My wait was only 2 & a bit months for probate to come through which I know is very quick but it was an uncomplicated estate. Waiting is hard & it is bad enough when communication breaks down. Do you know what you have inherited? Xx

Kikki21

Feb 27, 2016
East Midlands

Unfortunately this won’t be the first or last time that things go wrong with wills & executors.
A friend of mine was executor along with her dad of her grand dad’s will. Her Dad got greedy & cut her off without a penny. She couldn’t do anything about it despite going to a solicitor. Suffice to say, her dad is no longer in her life. This sort of thing also needs to be stopped.

Susan11

Nov 18, 2018
Hi Kikki The distribution of the estate now has to follow the intestacy rules as my uncle did not have any children. I do know what I will inherit eventually
Susan

Kikki21

Feb 27, 2016
East Midlands
Hi Kikki The distribution of the estate now has to follow the intestacy rules as my uncle did not have any children. I do know what I will inherit eventually
Susan

I take it the cousin is being funny about it all then. Is it just you & them inheriting or are there others?

Susan11

Nov 18, 2018
The actual beneficiaries are my mum and my 2 cousins who I hadn't seen for over 40 years.