The Adventures of Poppet & Other Stories

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
I thought I’d cook, proper cooking, but I found myself looking at the onion and trying to work out how I could chop it one handed
I mean ... I need to hold it with one hand and chop with the other, but I’ve only got one blooming hand that’s working. I can’t figure out how
I have worked out how to zip up the awning (tent like structure on the side of Poppet to give more room). Normally, you pull up above the opening and zip it. Can’t do that, so I’ve found that I can lift the awning above the zip with my head enough to give it tension and zip it up. So glad no one can see me .. but if someone could see me ... they could chop the poxy onion

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Buy
iceland_diced_onions_650g_53322.jpg

https://www.iceland.co.uk/p/iceland-diced-onions-650g/53322.html
Other brands are available
Similar for other prepared veg

Dimpsy

Sep 2, 2019
That stirs a memory, my mum used to make the most delicious coconut macaroons. I don't have a sweet tooth, but mum (used to) know I was potty about coconut. I can remember the taste. Nobody made macaroons like mum.

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
I did a Christmas on line order, delivered to my parents as I was driving down .. DO NOT SUBSTITUTE & DO NOT DELIVER EARLY
Needless to say, they delivered early and dad accepted substitutes ... Lactofree milk with normal milk and bread with a best before date of 24th December!!!

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
That stirs a memory, my mum used to make the most delicious coconut macaroons. I don't have a sweet tooth, but mum (used to) know I was potty about coconut. I can remember the taste. Nobody made macaroons like mum.
Look up London Cheesecake ... puff pastry, layered with jam, glacé icing with coconut
I’d never heard of it ... yummy

Kikki21

Feb 27, 2016
East Midlands
I’m waiting to see what happens next too @Kikki21, although I’d better not wait too long or the house prices will start moving again

When I was looking, I did think having one on the coast and one further up the country :rolleyes: But that’s just greedy :p

It was really weird & another coincidence that my boyfriend & I have together but I was really inspired by your post to look at park homes & I couldn’t believe what value for money they are & some of the more modern ones look amazing! So I had a conversation with him about it & it turned out that before he met me, he had considered trying to get a mortgage to buy one!

So it has definitely opened up our options, the thing is you could indeed have 2 homes & rent one out! Don’t discount it! I think we are unable to push on with our plans here then it is something we might consider!

Batsue

Nov 4, 2014
Scotland
Look up London Cheesecake ... puff pastry, layered with jam, glacé icing with coconut
I’d never heard of it ... yummy

They were my Nan's favourite, she used to buy them in our village baker in Essex to have with a mug of tea after school, no one seems to know what they are now.

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
i have a small hand blender/dicer/grater thingy , would that be any easier ? , was reasonably priced and wouldn't take up too much room in poppet . I think pooch needs to up his game and take on some of the cooking now . :D

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
I looked at a few @Kikki21 and they are lovely. Even the cheap ones are nice. The layout is clever and uses every bit of space. I went to three sites, big named ones, but they were too close together for me. I think you need to pick a site as much as the van

Most of the sites do their own finance, it’s pretty close to the bank rates. Buying through the site often gets you a years free site fees (anything from £2,500 upwards). Do look at what the site fees cover, some include electric, some don’t). They are not open all year, but when I was looking, I figured I’d just go on holiday for the 2 or 4 weeks they were shut

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
I couldn’t find them anywhere, someone really wanted one, so I found a recipe and made them @reedysue

Ready made already rolled puff pastry
Cut into 8 or 16 if you want smaller ones
Put 8 on a baking tray
Spread a very thin layer of jam
Put the other 8 on top, forming a sandwich
Cook as per instructions
Check bottom is cooked
Cool
Spread with glacé icing & sprinkle with desiccated coconut or flaked coconut

I’ve since been told Greggs do them, but don't call them London Cheesecake

Forum statistics

Threads