tapping, and restless legs Plus

oldbones

Oct 19, 2013
my daughter is getting worried about her partner, but is unsure what to do. For the last 18 months he has developed some disturbing symptom, she is worried. can anyine tell me if these symptoms are altziemers or dementia related. 1) continual tapping of feet, legs, scissoring leg movement. . constant 2) tapping of fingers a when at rest. 3) grinding teeth to the extent that it can be heard from across the room. 4) lack of wanting to do anything but just sit on the computer and while on this, the tapping is continuous . There are other things as well but, these are the main ones
He is unaware he is doing these things, but it is so bad that my daughter is at the stage where she cannot relax to say watch tv or listen to radio etc.

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
my daughter is getting worried about her partner, but is unsure what to do. For the last 18 months he has developed some disturbing symptom, she is worried. can anyine tell me if these symptoms are altziemers or dementia related. 1) continual tapping of feet, legs, scissoring leg movement. . constant 2) tapping of fingers a when at rest. 3) grinding teeth to the extent that it can be heard from across the room. 4) lack of wanting to do anything but just sit on the computer and while on this, the tapping is continuous . There are other things as well but, these are the main ones
He is unaware he is doing these things, but it is so bad that my daughter is at the stage where she cannot relax to say watch tv or listen to radio etc.
Any or many of these symptoms could be found in someone who was very highly stressed, Oldbones. It is very difficult to be unaware of the very loud grinding teeth, though. Certainly it's time to look a bit further.
warmest, Kindred

oldbones

Oct 19, 2013
Any or many of these symptoms could be found in someone who was very highly stressed, Oldbones. It is very difficult to be unaware of the very loud grinding teeth, though. Certainly it's time to look a bit further.
warmest, Kindred
thanks

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
Hi @oldbones
I think if your daughter is concerned then it's well worth her having a chat with their GP to set her mind at rest...
might her husband go for a 'well man' check up
If he shows these symptoms most of the time, might she make an appointment for herself and ask him to go with you for support so the GP will get to see the symptoms without her husband worrying that the appointment is for him

oldbones

Oct 19, 2013
Thanks she went with him about the grinding teeth, doc put him on anti depression tabs. i have said she should go to the doctor and show him the videos which show how bad these things are. so i am hoping she will do this. my husband had restless leg syndrome when he had altziemers, but it was nothing like this. it is sad because she finds it hard to sit with him, listening to the grating teeth, and the constantly moving legs. i hope she takes the vids to show the doc. He does not see that he has a problem, so is not willing to go to the doctor. thanks for responding

sausagedog

Aug 22, 2019
I think until your son in law visits his GP then it’s impossible for anyone to diagnose what’s the root of the problem - hopefully your daughter will be able to persuade him to go and she can go with him for support - that would be the best plan of action