The Adventures of Poppet & Other Stories

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Hi @DianeW

I really liked the idea of a park home, but they were so close together, it just didn’t feel right. Maybe it’s just “down south”, might be better “up north”

I was pushed into living in the tin can, but it works for me. Poppet 11 is coming soon .. I’m well excited about her

Cheers ... my CM yo your pink gin. Who knows, we might manage a meet up to clink real glasses one day

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
I’d picked up two lamps for mum, they were out of stock everywhere else @love.dad.but..

I was standing there thinking you must be scratching your head at what a nutter I was, but the coffee & chat was so easy

My old boss came out to pick up some donations today, he commented on the beautiful night and stars in the sky. No lights mean you get to see the sky so much better

Pooch is laying across me ... nice heater lol

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Hi Sam. Not so good since mid September. Fell, eventually an ambulance came, blues and twos to hospital. Bloods were ‘funny’, eventually found out I had kidney cancer. Few weeks later had kidney and lump out. Then a few days off! Then I got pneumonia, another blues and twos to hospital. Another fortnight waiting to go home (mid Sept to beginning of Dec, what happened?)
So now I’m driving again, just far enough to get a fair few coffees. Downsides ie not solved yet, are walking, and bladder/remaining kidney isn’t quite back to normal, but certainly better than what if was!

Not what I was expecting my autumn to be like!

cheers!

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
My turn to pose a question to the knowledgeable ...

Funny, but I’ve got no broadband, so no WiFi and that makes life a little interesting

So, I’ve been trying to pick brains about how to sort this little irritant

Apparently I can turn my phone into a “hotspot” and connect other devices to it (still working that bit out)

So. I have options, but darned if I can figure the best way ..

I can upgrade my phone contract to 100GB data for £20 pcm

I can add a “pebble/dongle” with 90GB for £40 pcm

Of the two options it feels like a no brainier ... so I have to be missing something

I just want “something” that I can access the internet with, so I can sit inside and be warm, do research, maybe even study, chat with friends etc without costing an arm and a leg

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Oh for heavens sake @Spamar .. you just don’t do things by half do you

Good you can get out for a few coffees, but hopefully they sort out the walking and other bits soon.

Try to take care of yourself ... please

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
You can get a 4G router, something like https://www.amazon.co.uk/B311-4G-Un...la-849694995529&ref=&adgrpid=92316043328&th=1 or you can use your smartphone as a router , (hotspot), google tethering <phone model> on what to do

For reference I've used 25.15 GB in the last 30 days
Beware streaming, especially HD gobbles up the GB

You need a good 4G signal.
If you measure speed up and down and find up is OK and down very slow, the mast is overloaded with people downloading, only solution is to move off a bargain provider.

Toony Oony

Jun 21, 2016
SAM ....... It's the fickle finger of fate!! Here I was, faffing about on TP while OH watches a boring Western on the TV. I thought, wonder what Sam is up to? I don't think she's been posting. Or perhaps she has and being stupid I've just missed it completely? Quick check, and lo and behold, there you are. Spooky!
Sorry for the house moving woes - keep warm and love to Pooch!

X

Lynmax

Nov 1, 2016
Hi Sam, good to hear from you again, especially now I can put a face to a name after our Meetup in the summer!

I've always hankered after buying a campervan, I used to lie being in our caravan when the children were young. I'm not sure though if I would use it enough to justify the expense. Maybe one day!

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
Morning Sam. I've found you. Was a walking zombie when I got in last night and couldn't focus to read. Boiler on blink to add to my woes.

I've not read thread yet. Will try to read later. Nearly at work now and about to lose signal in tunnel.

Kikki21

Feb 27, 2016
East Midlands
Hi @Kikki21

We went at this “hell for leather”, fought battles we couldn’t win, kept on going when our reserves were dry ... then the world stopped .. nothing to be done... it’s not a brave new world, it’s just a blooming strange one

That’s how I feel at any rate. I’ve no doubt some will look at me living in Poppet and not understand. That’s their issue not mine. One friend understands .. she said I’m a different person .. I’m the Sam I used to be, but better!

CM always help! Pooch helps too!

Now you lot have really made me think about a park home!
With all the stuff going on in this country, me & my other half have said we would like to do our own “Megxit” maybe even to Canada itself.
As long as a park home was safe for our cats & our eventual pooches as well then maybe it could be an answer. Renovate here, sell up & have a park home! I’m going to look some up now!

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Hi @Toony Oony

Isn’t it strange how you can think about someone and they phone or message you ... or pop into TP :rolleyes:

Thankfully the house is all done, I’m sorting through the storage stuff and gradually getting rid of more. The charity shops are doing well out of me

Pooch is wagging his tail at you :p

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Hi @Lynmax

The summer feels a long way away right now, but we are heading out of winter so it’ll be along soon(ish)

I only bought the Motorhome to be able to take mum around to visit friends ... good thing too, as I’d have been street homeless when the house sold. I can’t believe how impossible it was to rent a place with Pooch. At least I can be fairly confident of finding a lodger if I need one ... just have to accept pets :D

Staying on site, with everything that’s included, it’s actually a fair bit cheaper than renting. Wild camping wouId really save the pennies, but I’m not quite there yet :eek:

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
oh that tunnel @jugglingmum ... caused a few issues for the Liverpool meet up :rolleyes:

Hope you get the boiler sorted, mum got a cracking deal on a new one ... not from British Gas :rolleyes:

It’s that time of year ... no peace for you ... hope it’s not too manic ;)

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
I’m waiting to see what happens next too @Kikki21, although I’d better not wait too long or the house prices will start moving again

When I was looking, I did think having one on the coast and one further up the country :rolleyes: But that’s just greedy :p