How can you juggle your own life and deal with a dementia sufferer

Nightshade01

Nov 24, 2019
I share a house with my uncle and my Mother. I never always got on with my uncle. I got into rows and he was a bully to me a lot. I noticed he wasn't right for the past 4 years. He become very aggressive making my life hell. I suffered from stress and been feeling frightened at times. He has been shouting and being aggressive everyday. He sometimes getting upset and is crying.Today I took him to the doctors and now I have to accompany him to further appointments. I am considering moving out and getting my own apartment. I feel I should be getting on with my own life. I just want my own life back on track. He hasn't been dignosed yet. I am new to dealing with this.

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
I share a house with my uncle and my Mother. I never always got on with my uncle. I got into rows and he was a bully to me a lot. I noticed he wasn't right for the past 4 years. He become very aggressive making my life hell. I suffered from stress and been feeling frightened at times. He has been shouting and being aggressive everyday. He sometimes getting upset and is crying.Today I took him to the doctors and now I have to accompany him to further appointments. I am considering moving out and getting my own apartment. I feel I should be getting on with my own life. I just want my own life back on track. He hasn't been dignosed yet. I am new to dealing with this.
It is very difficult. It is a bit like being on a boat listing to the side.
I would take a chance and go out on your own whilst you can.
Once you are caring for a PWD it is very easy to get caught up in their appointments,moods etc.
Their life becomes yours and is not so easy to have yours..
Good luck.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aliso