Dad at respite

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
Dad appears to be joining in at the care home.
Apparently he was in the lounge today joining in .They were singing Liverpool songs.
Plus a lot of others.
Also he is not going to bed early.At home he is put in bed at 18.00 but he is one of the later ones..
They have phoned me so that is nice.
I was going in today but it is pouring.Seems like he is relaxing

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
Dad appears to be joining in at the care home.
Apparently he was in the lounge today joining in .They were singing Liverpool songs.
Plus a lot of others.
Also he is not going to bed early.At home he is put in bed at 18.00 but he is one of the later ones..
They have phoned me so that is nice.
I was going in today but it is pouring.Seems like he is relaxing

Fantastic news!
Your care home phones you.... I need the name & phone number for future reference! x

Susan11

Nov 18, 2018
The Activity lady at my Mum's care home sends me photos of Mum, making a hat, a potpourri which was put in her wardrobe and a couple of photos of Mum laughing. She knows I live a long way away. The photos are just a delight to receive. To know Mum is laughing and enjoying herself is a such a delight.

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
The Activity lady at my Mum's care home sends me photos of Mum, making a hat, a potpourri which was put in her wardrobe and a couple of photos of Mum laughing. She knows I live a long way away. The photos are just a delight to receive. To know Mum is laughing and enjoying herself is a such a delight.
It is nice when they go that extra mile.:)

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
Okay I’m now a bit jealous!
These homes sound amazing!
It has always been quite good but they have changed a few things under the leadership..They now have a “bar” where fruit juice is kept with glasses for all those that might want a drink.It is a calm atmosphere majority of the time.
Dad’s room is en-suite over looking Godrevy lighthouse and the sea..Only 3 double rooms down the corridor so it is quiet.:)

annielou

Sep 27, 2019
Yorkshire
Glad your dad is settling in and the home sounds good which is nice for your dad and reassuring for you. I hope you both get a rest x