A lifelong friend and me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
Fingers crossed you have news soon . Please try and take care of your needs too amongst all this anguish and anxiety. Virtual strength and hugs sent your way . X

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
Thanks @DesperateofDevon, @AliceA @ITBookworm and @Woohoo

I am just off the phone again and today the dippy person I spoke to didn't know who mum was or her case worker. That says alot. Then I got, 'well we've had alot to deal with' to which I replied you will if I drop my mum off at your office and leave her there. So again they are going to call me back -which so far depsite saying they will call me back they haven't.

Its time to email mums MP. Now I have had enough of this nonsense!!!

AliceA

May 27, 2016
Yesterday our MP sent me a copy of letter she sent to chief executive of council about my husband's respite. Watch this space! X

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
Just had a phone call, but not from social services, from a care home close to here, they are going to come and assess mum tomorrow afternoon at 3pm for a respite placement -FINALLY.

Thank you mum's MP xxx

AliceA

May 27, 2016
I wonder with the election coming up if we all should send present and hopeful future MPs an email giving the issue that concerns most us individually as Carers,
Somehow we need to keep Social Care at the fore front, it could be buried under Brexit.
I wonder if the problem is a lack of imagination, too many people seem to think it will never happen to them or their family.

Lirene

Sep 15, 2019
That’s a good outcome and let’s hope respite care comes quickly. I agree wholeheartedly that we should be in contact with our MP’s we need to make this priority. Love and hugs xx

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
At long last , seems strange that you send an email and hey presto , glad it works though . Hope assesment goes ok.

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
At long last , seems strange that you send an email and hey presto , glad it works though . Hope assesment goes ok.

I had made mums MP aware of the problems living here back in August as well as getting her to lobby parliament.

Today on receipt of my email the MP herself contacted the SS and spoke with them, and now this result. They have said they will email me the details of the full conversation the MP had with the SS.

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
Glad it has had an effect and it did the job. An MP working for their constituent , good to hear . I wasn’t being facetious I am genuinely pleased.

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
So glad you've got a result @Palerider. Roll on tomorrow's visit.
Yes roll on tomorrow. I can't care for mum like I used to and I worry when she is alone, and to be honest by the latest changes I worry when I am with her. There comes a point when this dreadful disease does take over and for me on my own it is a fight I can no longer win, and it saddens me to say those words, but its true

Jaded'n'faded

Jan 23, 2019
High Peak
Great result. And isn't it funny that the CH who definitely had no vacancies managed to find a room precisely one minute after your MP phoned SS? :mad:

Perhaps that room was hidden in the airing cupboard or behind a sofa and they just hadn't noticed it before... ;):rolleyes:

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
Great result. And isn't it funny that the CH who definitely had no vacancies managed to find a room precisely one minute after your MP phoned SS? :mad:

Perhaps that room was hidden in the airing cupboard or behind a sofa and they just hadn't noticed it before... ;):rolleyes:

Yes @Jaded'n'faded it is interesting, especially after the Minsiter for Social Care wrote to me and told me about the extra spending they had recently put into place for social care, and it is a significnat amount. If that money isn't frontline, then where is it going???

Status
Not open for further replies.