Thanking Sil!

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Hello everyone!

I had tomorrow all planned and then turn on the computer and find that I have to calculate dad's belongings for
Probate now I understand that this needs to be done but there was another email asking myself and my youngest brother to thank my sister-in-law for all the work she's taken on! I know she didn't need to take this on but I did think about all the work I did.

I wrote a short email addressed to her which thanked her and I just made it short and sweet but nothing else. I do not have a problem with her but it does show that there is no knowledge of caring at all in my opinion.

MaNaAk

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
Has she actually done any work? I don't think I'd have bothered to thank her unless I thought she'd done something. I'd also query having to do the probate stuff tomorrow. Yes it needs doing but you have your own things to do to.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Thankyou Sarasa.

This is why I love TP you're all so brilliant. She's done quite a bit of the form but it's nothing compared to what I've done. I will be emailing my other brother but otherwise they will be fitting around me.

I have enjoyed maintaining as little contact as possible.

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
I've just spoken to my youngest brother and made it clear that I may not be able to do everything tomorrow. He hasn't thanked my other brother's wife at all so maybe I shouldn't have done.

Also my other brother doesn't really want to come here and I am sad to say this but I need the peace. I can't thank DTP enough for listening to all this.

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
I have had an email from from sil thanking me for thanking her but I replied saying that understand how long takes to fill in these forms and I had to fill in at least four of them and I don't remember being thanked!

My brother will see the email.

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Just listened to my brother talking about the house again and saying that I may sell next year. He's frustrated and says I'm difficult to talk to because I can't make my mind up and I might spend Xmas on my own. Then on the other hand I may spend it with friends. No point in me mentioning the caring because they don't understand.

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Has she actually done any work? I don't think I'd have bothered to thank her unless I thought she'd done something. I'd also query having to do the probate stuff tomorrow. Yes it needs doing but you have your own things to do to.

Dear Sarasa,

Just letting you know that my SIL seems to have done fairly well with the forms as she has sent it to me to fill in my bit so that's a relief. However neither of my invisibles fully understand what it is like to be a carer.

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Your brothers sound like they are happy to have the women in their lives do all the work!

Yes indeed Sarasa but what happens if they become carers themselves. Several years ago dad told mum what his funeral plans were because he assumed that as he was the elder of the two he would go first but as it turned out he ended up caring for her when her heart started to fail.

MaNaAk