mens pull up trousers

crazyone

Dec 14, 2017
Hi - Dad is about to go in to a care home. We have been looking after him for 8 years, and have mainly dressed him in joggers and polo shirt, to make dressing and toileting easier. The residents at the home all seem to be dressed smartly in a shirt and trousers, which I think Dad would quite like again. Can anyone recommend any elasticated waist, smart trousers, where he wouldn't need a belt? Thanks for reading.

love.dad.but..

Jan 16, 2014
Kent
They were quite expensive but a few years ago because dad had always dressed in shirt tie and trousers and was never a joggers or jeans chap, I bought some smart suit like material which washed well in the care home laundry fully elasticated trousers from a company online selling adaptable clothes for people with disability. I can't remember the name but found it by searching online.

love.dad.but..

Jan 16, 2014
Kent
Able2wear were the company..the grey fully elasticated trousers looked just like suit trousers...which were ideal for my dad...the carers were as keen as I was to preserve his 'look' as much as they could and enabled him to wear shirt tie smart trousers which was always his choice pre dementia He had 4 pairs and when he passed away, I left them at the home so that another resident could make use of them. As I thought a bit expensive but they laundered extremely well.

crazyone

Dec 14, 2017
They were quite expensive but a few years ago because dad had always dressed in shirt tie and trousers and was never a joggers or jeans chap, I bought some smart suit like material which washed well in the care home laundry fully elasticated trousers from a company online selling adaptable clothes for people with
They were quite expensive but a few years ago because dad had always dressed in shirt tie and trousers and was never a joggers or jeans chap, I bought some smart suit like material which washed well in the care home laundry fully elasticated trousers from a company online selling adaptable clothes for people with disability. I can't remember the name but found it by searching online.
Thank you

crazyone

Dec 14, 2017
Able2wear were the company..the grey fully elasticated trousers looked just like suit trousers...which were ideal for my dad...the carers were as keen as I was to preserve his 'look' as much as they could and enabled him to wear shirt tie smart trousers which was always his choice pre dementia He had 4 pairs and when he passed away, I left them at the home so that another resident could make use of them. As I thought a bit expensive but they laundered extremely well.
Thank you

crazyone

Dec 14, 2017
Thanks to all who replied. Dad always used to wear a shirt, trousers, belt and braces, but since he became incontinent, and the arthritis has limited his movement, it has been easier for us to introduce him to joggers. I'm getting really nervous about the move in to care. How many outfits should he take?

Helly68

Mar 12, 2018
I would say, if you start on the basis of say, two outfits a day - allowing for food spillages, changing etc and the fact that CH laundries run seven days a week. If he had a minimum of six outfits, then as a start, I think that would be fine. I find things wear very quickly so you may have to "top up" more than you normally would. Things that are severely washed each week fall apart after six months or so depending on their age and quality.
Mummy currently has about five pairs of pyjamas (as these often need to be changed during the night) and this is enough, though they do wear out very fast.
Mummy is also resistant to personal care so I suspect things get pulled about much more, hence shortening their life.
Bear in mind - label everything to avoid losses. Jumpers and cardigans suffer more if they are wool as opposed to synthetic. They just aren't made to be washed and dried so frequently.
Speak to whoever does the laundry at the care home. They are often the most knowlegeable about what works best. Avoid taking in valuables.

Elle3

Jun 30, 2016
I bought Cotton Traders Pull-on trousers for my dad. The only thing I will say about them though, was due to the hot washes in the care home, they shrank a little so I had to buy the longer fit and they faded a little.

Sirena

Feb 27, 2018
In terms of how many outfits, my mother has five or six pairs of trousers, about a dozen tops and half a dozen cardigans/fleeces - but she tends to wear some things repetitively because she likes them, and others rarely.

I find the laundering process can make elastic waists deteriorate relatively quickly, so you may need to replace the trousers next year - I just had to replace a few pairs of my mother's PJs (which I bought last winter) as the waistband had perished.