Seeing mum tomorrow, funeral Wednesday .

garfield3

Jun 30, 2018
Dear fellow travellers,

Just to let you know I'm seeing mum tomorrow at the chapel of rest. Feeling OK , but apprehensive . Going to write a card and put it in with her. Got some rescue remedy to take. Hope that will help. Might bottle it, though. Dad is coming with me but I have said that I'll be ok. He's going shopping. Don't want him anywhere near. Hope it doesn't sound too mean. We're not a family who shows feelings.

Feeling stressed a bit about Wednesday . Hope I hold it together. Dad is one of the cord holders at the grave side. I think it'll be one of the longest hours.

Any advice?

Thanks . Suexx

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
Do what you have to do, whatever that be. Seeing someone in the chapel of rest is not for everyone and at my grans funeral I cried so much I had an enduring headache

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
As palerider says do what you have to do Sue. Four months ago I was where you are and I worried dad's funeral but everything went well and it will go well for too.

Thinking of you at this difficult time.

Love and hugs

MaNaAk

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
I went to see mum in the Chapel or Rest.
I think everyones reactions are different.
I didnt get upset and I was glad that I went, but she didnt look quite the same somehow and it brought it home to me that she was truly gone.

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
I think this is a very personal decision, I hope it goes well for you.

I don't think anyone will mind if you cry all the way through the funeral, or if you don't show any emotion at all. If anyone has an opinion on how you behave that person isn't worth worrying about.

garfield3

Jun 30, 2018
Do what you have to do, whatever that be. Seeing someone in the chapel of rest is not for everyone and at my grans funeral I cried so much I had an enduring headache

I think this is a very personal decision, I hope it goes well for you.

I don't think anyone will mind if you cry all the way through the funeral, or if you don't show any emotion at all. If anyone has an opinion on how you behave that person isn't worth worrying about.

I went to see mum in the Chapel or Rest.
I think everyones reactions are different.
I didnt get upset and I was glad that I went, but she didnt look quite the same somehow and it brought it home to me that she was truly gone.

As palerider says do what you have to do Sue. Four months ago I was where you are and I worried dad's funeral but everything went well and it will go well for too.

Thinking of you at this difficult time.

Love and hugs

MaNaAk

Dear all, thank you for your support. Really appreciate it.