Photos on laptop

White Rose

Nov 4, 2018
Just wanted to share something. Having real trouble trying to keep my partner occupied, he seems to need constant entertainment but not interested in TV or reading anymore, just wants to be taken out all the time. But today I sat him in front of his laptop which he doesn't know how to use now, brought up the photos folder and set it up so he could scroll through easily with just a click. It kept him entertained for ages, he had to ask me who various people were, including his own children, but he really enjoyed it. With any luck this will be a regular feature as I guess the photos will be new to him every day.

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
Just wanted to share something. Having real trouble trying to keep my partner occupied, he seems to need constant entertainment but not interested in TV or reading anymore, just wants to be taken out all the time. But today I sat him in front of his laptop which he doesn't know how to use now, brought up the photos folder and set it up so he could scroll through easily with just a click. It kept him entertained for ages, he had to ask me who various people were, including his own children, but he really enjoyed it. With any luck this will be a regular feature as I guess the photos will be new to him every day.
Hi.My Dad is the same.We have been going through photos of the family from 1800 onwards.His grandparents etc.He enjoys it.Otherwise he wants to go out but not so easy in a wheelchair with me pushing it.

RosettaT

Sep 9, 2018
Mid Lincs
I've just got my OH on to colouring. It's something I never thought he would do and if he did it would just be scribble but to my amazement he loves it. He colours in so carefully. I sold it to him as exercise for his hands to keep his wrists moving. Another thing he did for me today was sort through some raw plugs that had been spilt in the garage. I swept them up and asked him to sort them into their respective colours. I might just find another batch that needs doing next week.:p

Larker

Mar 1, 2019
East Yorkshire
Photos are a wonderful reminder of happy times. I have lots of photos on my laptop. Unfortunately with Lewy Body Dementia my OH sight is affected and he an no longer recognise things. I put a photo in front of him, he says Oh thats lovely, thats a good one but when I ask who it is, he says "is it me". He is only guessing and wanting too see the photo. Its very sad.

Alex54

Oct 15, 2018
Newtown, Wales
brought up the photos folder and set it up so he could scroll through easily with just a click
That sounds wonderful!
You could always set the computer to display the pictures in a slide show, that way the person does not have to click the button all the time.

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
If it works then that is great. My partner was professional photographer, so it works for her every time even if sometimes she thinks the flowers, the animals or the people are in the house.

maryjoan

Mar 25, 2017
South of the Border
My OH has his laptop set up opposite his bed, and while he has his early morning coffee, he sits happily watching all the photos scrolling by - he has asked his ex wife to lend him their wedding photos and the photos from when they were first married so those can go on the laptop too....

White Rose

Nov 4, 2018
That sounds wonderful!
You could always set the computer to display the pictures in a slide show, that way the person does not have to click the button all the time.
Hi Alex - I can do that on my laptop but the option doesn't seem to be there on his, I'll have another look though

White Rose

Nov 4, 2018
I've just got my OH on to colouring. It's something I never thought he would do and if he did it would just be scribble but to my amazement he loves it. He colours in so carefully. I sold it to him as exercise for his hands to keep his wrists moving. Another thing he did for me today was sort through some raw plugs that had been spilt in the garage. I swept them up and asked him to sort them into their respective colours. I might just find another batch that needs doing next week.:p
I got colouring books and pencils for him but he wasn't interested, he's never been a creative or crafty person. But we are going to be renovating a bungalow so there's lots of wallpaper stripping for him to do!

Jale

Jul 9, 2018
Just as an aside, have you backed up your photos in case they get accidently deleted.

White Rose

Nov 4, 2018
Just as an aside, have you backed up your photos in case they get accidently deleted.
Thank you, yes they are all on memory sticks and many duplicated on other laptops as we have four between us, mad though that is!