Vent - setting Up new thread - MIL, SS, Self funding, GP

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
Just back home from the 4days away caring for dad.Exhausted and feeling like I have waded through treacle for the last 4 days. I’m not sleeping as things going through my mind..

I often wonder if (agency carers) actually observe their clients.
Dad is having his lips turn blue occasionally (nobody noticed) .He has now had an accident at night with his bowels in his pad.
He has been prescribed a laxative to help him(obstruction in bowel) but guess what! He refuses to take it apparently according to the carers.But you wouldn’t know that as there is no record of him being offered it anywhere in the meds’ sheet. Apparently they don’t write everything down!
I’m so tired of asking them or chasing them!!

daveyshadow

Jan 14, 2015
Just back home from the 4days away caring for dad.Exhausted and feeling like I have waded through treacle for the last 4 days. I’m not sleeping as things going through my mind..

I often wonder if (agency carers) actually observe their clients.
Dad is having his lips turn blue occasionally (nobody noticed) .He has now had an accident at night with his bowels in his pad.
He has been prescribed a laxative to help him(obstruction in bowel) but guess what! He refuses to take it apparently according to the carers.But you wouldn’t know that as there is no record of him being offered it anywhere in the meds’ sheet. Apparently they don’t write everything down!
I’m so tired of asking them or chasing them!!
I know that "treacle" feeling well and the sleep problems. I must admit with MIL carers some are better than others at noting things down. Hope you can try and get some rest now you are back home

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
I know that "treacle" feeling well and the sleep problems. I must admit with MIL carers some are better than others at noting things down. Hope you can try and get some rest now you are back home
Thank you.I’m glad i’m not the only one feeling the “treacle “effect.:confused:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamieF7