Turn the sound down I'm going to .....

AbbyGee

Nov 26, 2018
Portsmouth, South Coast
....... SCREAM........... and scream and scream and yell and shout and swear and cuss and stamp my feet and slam doors and throw things at the walls and put a hammer through the windows and TV screen and then go smash everything else to little squitty bits ......

Ahhhhhh. That's better. Thank goodness for this safe place.

I shall now pop a jacket on and go walk about, so long as 'he' is sleeping soundly.

Grahamstown

Jan 12, 2018
East of England
....... SCREAM........... and scream and scream and yell and shout and swear and cuss and stamp my feet and slam doors and throw things at the walls and put a hammer through the windows and TV screen and then go smash everything else to little squitty bits ......

Ahhhhhh. That's better. Thank goodness for this safe place.

I shall now pop a jacket on and go walk about, so long as 'he' is sleeping soundly.
Know exactly how you feel!

jenniferjean

Apr 2, 2016
Basingstoke, Hampshire
and me.....

Yesterday whilst explaining to someone about my husband saying he needed the toilet when he didn't, I said that if I so much as raise my voice he says he needs the toilet. She was quite shocked that I should ever need to raise my voice. She thought I was cruel as "he can't help it". Well neither can I.

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
I've had days like that too AbbyGee. C always looks at me funny and says " I didn't know you swear, I thought you were so nice " in an innocent politely shocked voice. It was good that you could come on here and let off steam, I hope you were ok walking last night and today is a quieter day.

silver'lantern

Apr 23, 2019
She thought I was cruel as "he can't help it". Well neither can I.
that's a response I get. The things some people say. I understand your frustrations.
Someone even threw back at me 'Well you should have more control as you are not the one with mental health issues!' Most people have no concept of 24/7 caring and living with dementia.
@AbbyGee well done for finding your release and hitting the keys. I hope you enjoyed your walk and you found some calm.

Grahamstown

Jan 12, 2018
East of England
I say goodnight several times and he still has to try and get into my bedroom, my haven, after lights out. I have a chair lodging it but he still tries to say goodnight yet again. Just writing that makes me feel bad. So I shout you may not come in, go to bed and he does, but I wonder what the neighbours think...

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dorarosa