Living with OH with dementia

Linton

Jul 27, 2019
After another disturbed night.. OH sleep pattern all over the place.. Sleeping during the day and all evening.. Can't wake him.. And then in bed at 10..up at 1.30 or 2..manage to keep him in bed till 3.30 or 4..then up and dressed... I join with all the hallucinations.. Going along with him as he talks to and about all the people in the house.. And on TV who can see and hear us.... After going on for a year doing all this... I feel like I have dementia too.. or may as well have!!!!!!!!!

Fishgirl

Sep 9, 2019
After another disturbed night.. OH sleep pattern all over the place.. Sleeping during the day and all evening.. Can't wake him.. And then in bed at 10..up at 1.30 or 2..manage to keep him in bed till 3.30 or 4..then up and dressed... I join with all the hallucinations.. Going along with him as he talks to and about all the people in the house.. And on TV who can see and hear us.... After going on for a year doing all this... I feel like I have dementia too.. or may as well have!!!!!!!!!
When I read the first few lines of your post Linton , I was thinking I wish my OH would sleep in the day instead of following me around from room to room, and give me a break. But as I read on, it hit home how absolutely awful that must be for you. My OH goes to bed about 9.30( insists I go too) but it’s usually at least 2or3 hrs after that before he goes to sleep! But at least then he usually stays asleep until about 8 or even 9 in the morning, so now I’m thinking how lucky I am. Well for now anyway!:rolleyes: xx

Linton

Jul 27, 2019
Hi Fishgirl... I know... The only way I can get through it is if I sleep during the day... Which I try to.. But I have things to do.. Looking after the house and shopping which I do on line and have delivered. Washing etc.. We just have to take it a day at a time... Hope you keep going as you are... I know its not great... Hugs xx

Fishgirl

Sep 9, 2019
Today has been one of those days when you feel really down, you know the ones when you feel on the verge of tears all the time, I tried to go to bed for an hour, thinking that if he thought I was asleep, he’d leave me alone,but no chance, he kept coming in the bedroom, tutting and asking me when I was getting up! it’s just so relentless isn’t it :eek: Hugs to you too :) xx

Linton

Jul 27, 2019
Hi just got him into bed.. He has cathatars so got that sorted.. Gave him a painkiller as he had bad pain in his arms, a result of the parkinsons symptoms of Lewy body dementia, kept telling me the 'other lady' should do it... Anyway here's hoping for a better night tonight.. hope you too have a good night and better day tomorrow xx

Fishgirl

Sep 9, 2019
Oh bless him, it must be terrible for him, all forms of this evil disease are cruel but I think the Lewy body is the cruelest one of all, my OH has mixed Alzheimer’s/ dementia, plus chest problems (COPD) and a few other problems that I now consider “minor” , high cholesterol and stomach problems. Right now he’s going on about the street lights, wondering if we should turn them off! I said no we have to leave them on so that people can see where they’re going, you couldn’t make it up could you.:rolleyes: xx

Roseleigh

Dec 26, 2016
Hi just got him into bed.. He has cathatars so got that sorted.. Gave him a painkiller as he had bad pain in his arms, a result of the parkinsons symptoms of Lewy body dementia, kept telling me the 'other lady' should do it... Anyway here's hoping for a better night tonight.. hope you too have a good night and better day tomorrow xx

Your husband having complex healthcare needs I wonder if he might perhaps be eligible for NHS continuous healthcare funding (a fully funded place in care). Could be worth looking into, as the situation sounds horrenous for both of you.

Roseleigh

Dec 26, 2016
Oh bless him, it must be terrible for him, all forms of this evil disease are cruel but I think the Lewy body is the cruelest one of all, my OH has mixed Alzheimer’s/ dementia, plus chest problems (COPD) and a few other problems that I now consider “minor” , high cholesterol and stomach problems. Right now he’s going on about the street lights, wondering if we should turn them off! I said no we have to leave them on so that people can see where they’re going, you couldn’t make it up could you.:rolleyes: xx

That made me smile! I do wish we could as the light creeping in really bothers me, despite blackout blinds

Fishgirl

Sep 9, 2019
Glad that made you smile Roseleigh, makes up for you making me smile about your hubby chasing the “hen” round the bedroom! :) xx

Linton

Jul 27, 2019
Hi Roseleigh.. Thanks for the advice.. It's something I know I should look into.. Its something I am putting to the back of my head cos I dread having to face it... I will have to I know.. But will have to get my feelings sorted.. Or get so tired I'll have no choice... So much going on in my head at the moment and my OH still has moments of his old self... Nightmare!!!!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunsetAnglia