incontinence pants (pull ups)

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Wasn't sure where to post this. Just wanted to let people know that Aldi do their own brand of pull ups, and they are very good value. Here, they are €5.99 for a pack of nine, which is really good value.

mickeyplum

Feb 22, 2018
I've just had a look in Aldi and they cost £3.75 for 9 medium or 8 large here.
I can't find these in my local Aldi. Are they under a different name or description . Where should I look? I've looked in the baby section but can only find hygiene items for babies

mickeyplum

Feb 22, 2018
I can't find these in my local Aldi. Are they under a different name or description . Where should I look? I've looked in the baby section but can only find hygiene items for babies
PS, How do you know what size to buy? at the chemist's they just seem to XL or something. Do they go on waist size or hip size?

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
Hi @mickeyplum

I spotted them this morning in my Aldi. On the top shelf above the sanitary protection. When I was buying for my dad it went by waist size for men and hip size for women and up to 40" was medium over that was large. I just bought one pack to try for size and stocked up when knew I'd got the right fit.

Andrew_McP

Mar 2, 2016
South Northwest
Interesting, I always get wipes from Aldi and hadn't noticed pull-ups. Mind you, our Aldi's pretty small so they may have a reduced range.

I need to do something though. I used to buy Tesco's own but they changed them a while back from "ok" to "pretty useless". Tena pants are excellent but Mum's some bad weeks recently and we can get through a pack a day sometimes, no matter how much time we spend in the loo. I know we can get some via the doctor/continence service, but I'm trying to be stubbornly independent for as long as I can, so I need to do some investigating.

This thread's useful. I hadn't considered Ebay... I presume they're not second hand. :)

Marnie63

Dec 26, 2015
Hampshire
Don't be too independent @Andrew_McP! Your mum would I'm sure be entitled to have something supplied via the NHS. We had plenty supplied when I was caring for mum. It wasn't all suitable all the time, so I still had to buy a variety of stuff for differing needs, but it certainly helped to have something supplied free. I spend a fortune on the extra things. I didn't mind of course, but this stuff doesn't come cheap, so I was grateful for anything from the NHS. Sadly they didn't supply pull ups here on the NHS, but did supply larger pads that we were able to use.

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
Interesting, I always get wipes from Aldi and hadn't noticed pull-ups. Mind you, our Aldi's pretty small so they may have a reduced range.

I need to do something though. I used to buy Tesco's own but they changed them a while back from "ok" to "pretty useless". Tena pants are excellent but Mum's some bad weeks recently and we can get through a pack a day sometimes, no matter how much time we spend in the loo. I know we can get some via the doctor/continence service, but I'm trying to be stubbornly independent for as long as I can, so I need to do some investigating.

This thread's useful. I hadn't considered Ebay... I presume they're not second hand. :)
I can say quite cheerfully not..:pDad is not entitled to pants as he is not incontinent by N02..He has a catheter so it’s a “just in case” with him.
At least I get the free yellow bags to dispose of them ..Something free at least.:rolleyes:

Andrew_McP

Mar 2, 2016
South Northwest
Just a grateful bump. Today I got to Aldi and I'm very impressed with their pull-ups. Just wish I'd noticed them before but I never even thought to look thoroughly in that section... thought it was all nappies.

The mediums are a little snugger than the Tena medium, and there's about 2/3rd's the absorbent padding that the Tena Plus type I buy for Mum have, but they are far better than Tesco's own brand and a very good alternative to Tena.

I pay £8.50 for 9 Tena at Tesco now. The label on the Aldi pants said £3.75 and I think it was reduced fro £3.99. But it was red label, and that usually means reduced to clear. So I'm not sure how reliable this is going to be. I do know that I'm going to try and sneak back tomorrow and get some more though.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GillWife