I'm just desperate

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
Just read back my post!

Who is that calmer person- mirror says it’s me but ..... really !
Am I finally moving forward?
Nah !
Don’t be stupid ... me tells myself ... otherwise when the next load of poop drops you will be broken by it again! Just keep a little bit of myself back for me... that little voice tells me!

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
Just read back my post!

Who is that calmer person- mirror says it’s me but ..... really !
Am I finally moving forward?
Nah !
Don’t be stupid ... me tells myself ... otherwise when the next load of poop drops you will be broken by it again! Just keep a little bit of myself back for me... that little voice tells me!
Dad made me laugh yesterday.He knew I was going on holiday so he said”Tomorrow we can do the weeds”(he has a gardener that just mows the lawn)”No chance I said.I am not here.”He said”Huh.I thought you would be as you are not on hols until Monday “.I reminded him that I do not work on Fridays unless he has a hospital appointment.That went down like a lead balloon.But,you have to be firm with him otherwise he would get me in every day of the week.So he has the carers every day for 10days..I hope you get somewhere.Fingers crossed

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
Dad made me laugh yesterday.He knew I was going on holiday so he said”Tomorrow we can do the weeds”(he has a gardener that just mows the lawn)”No chance I said.I am not here.”He said”Huh.I thought you would be as you are not on hols until Monday “.I reminded him that I do not work on Fridays unless he has a hospital appointment.That went down like a lead balloon.But,you have to be firm with him otherwise he would get me in every day of the week.So he has the carers every day for 10days..I hope you get somewhere.Fingers crossed
I’m in bed today! Flat on my back with exhaustion- no point banging on about it as it is what it is!
I’ve told SS, carers, Mums GP etc time & time again - maybe one day someone will believe the impact this has on carers

Starting on a journey

Jul 9, 2019
Bless you, I know how you feel.
Time to let the professionals take over?
I am so sorry it is easy to give advice but do hard to take it....we can all just manage a bit longer and it's not that bad....in your case it is, report it to anyone and everyone and then rest and rest and rest. Hospital appointment? Get the hospital to sort out transport cos you aren't doing it, if mum is difficult she can be difficult to them. It's ok to say I can't do anymore, honestly....

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
Bless you, I know how you feel.
Time to let the professionals take over?
I am so sorry it is easy to give advice but do hard to take it....we can all just manage a bit longer and it's not that bad....in your case it is, report it to anyone and everyone and then rest and rest and rest. Hospital appointment? Get the hospital to sort out transport cos you aren't doing it, if mum is difficult she can be difficult to them. It's ok to say I can't do anymore, honestly....
But sadly Mum not capable of sorting out transport & very wobbly, plus forgetful!
I know I should step away but OH said no & booked day off work! I do try, but I’m all she’s got! & vice versa!
I try & treat people the way I would like to be treated - karma & all that.
But It’s her birthday the following day

Thank you for your replies & support it really does help me feel I’m not alone in this.
X

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
So Mums opticians have just rung & left a message, another pair of glasses I dropped off to be repaired unrepairable!
Mum fiddles with them & has bent the whole frame outta shape.
Respect
Good job it’s readers & easily replaced with another spare pair!!!!
Think she’s their best customer!!!!

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
So Mums opticians have just rung & left a message, another pair of glasses I dropped off to be repaired unrepairable!
Mum fiddles with them & has bent the whole frame outta shape.
Respect
Good job it’s readers & easily replaced with another spare pair!!!!
Think she’s their best customer!!!!
You can get opticians to come to you and fit them.Dad has just got a new pair

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
But sadly Mum not capable of sorting out transport & very wobbly, plus forgetful!
I know I should step away but OH said no & booked day off work! I do try, but I’m all she’s got! & vice versa!
I try & treat people the way I would like to be treated - karma & all that.
But It’s her birthday the following day

Thank you for your replies & support it really does help me feel I’m not alone in this.
X
Have you tried TAPS?

Latitude

Jul 12, 2019
AgeUK can provide home help carers who will do shopping and accompany clients to hospital. Even take them there and relay information back to you. I've found them indispensable for all the support they can offer.

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
AgeUK can provide home help carers who will do shopping and accompany clients to hospital. Even take them there and relay information back to you. I've found them indispensable for all the support they can offer.
Thank you I will be looking into this
X

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
They are very good I think - the optician we had was very nice and even adapted the eye test slightly to take account of mums ability or otherwise to follow instructions!

campervan21

May 4, 2017
We had specsavers come out to mum for eye test ,they came and fit new glasses etC, they also came out to the house for her hearing aid test and to sort out new aids for her

Big help home visit she couldn't go to them