Incontinence

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
H.You can get yellow bags for people’s pads.These are provided by the council especially for people with incontinence.They are taken away and incinerated so they don’t go in with ordinary rubbish They come every week.It is free.You just have to phone up the council to ask...It would save your bins.

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
Look like there's an unofficial Aldi wipe club I didn't know about. Count me in too. I've tried just about everything, but the Aldi wipes seem to be the best in size and value. I like Aldi, mainly because it's the shop I have the budget for, but it's not convenient for me to get to regularly for a main shop, so I make a special trip just to pick up a load of their chocolate coated rice cakes and as many wipes as I can carry home.

I know there are a few marvellous folk here who make great efforts to avoid plasticised wipes, and I've tried to live a pretty eco life too (never driven or flown, for example). But I need all the help I can get now and I can live with adding to landfill or incinerator workloads.

I'm more worried about the disposable pull-ups actually, especially at the rate we've got through them this week. Used a whole pack on Thursday. I hardly dare answer the door any more in case it's a Greenpeace hit squad come to stage a protest!
....Hi You can get yellow bags for the council for your incontinence products.These are incinerated and don’t go in with household rubbish.It is all free.Collected once a week.They will take it away and then leave you another new bag.Just give your council a ring.You then won’t have to worry about Greenpeace.

Loisand

Dec 25, 2017
Yes my mums in a hopsital bed too,she's eating well though,I feed mum but I do wish that she would be able to drink a large quantity of water like we could,did you get any dietry advice sheets to help with the sores?
No nothing, mind you the hospital had basically wrote her off, it was true grit by mom that she started walking again, perseverance by me to get her walking, she can't do stairs so her bedroom is now downstairs, on the positive note I had a phone call from physio today, at long last of 4 months being out of hospital they are going to give her physio!! Would be interested about the dietary notes, Mom don't drink water but she has plenty of decaf tea and coffee, apparently decaf doesn't aggravate the bowels and bladder like normal tea and coffee!! Take care xx

Loisand

Dec 25, 2017
H.You can get yellow bags for people’s pads.These are provided by the council especially for people with incontinence.They are taken away and incinerated so they don’t go in with ordinary rubbish They come every week.It is free.You just have to phone up the council to ask...It would save your bins.
Thank you for that advice, if I can't get a bigger bin then I will ask them for the yellow bags, saying that I will ask for the bags, at least it's all being incinerated instead of going in landfill, thank you x

witts1973

Jun 20, 2018
Leamington Spa
No nothing, mind you the hospital had basically wrote her off, it was true grit by mom that she started walking again, perseverance by me to get her walking, she can't do stairs so her bedroom is now downstairs, on the positive note I had a phone call from physio today, at long last of 4 months being out of hospital they are going to give her physio!! Would be interested about the dietary notes, Mom don't drink water but she has plenty of decaf tea and coffee, apparently decaf doesn't aggravate the bowels and bladder like normal tea and coffee!! Take care xx

Hi I have sent you a private message

Loisand

Dec 25, 2017
What a disastrous start to Sunday morning, 5.30 could hear movement in the room where mom is, went in and it looked like a war zone with poohy pad and about another 2 pads all shredded up and over the floor, and there's Mom saying "don't know what all that is over the floor", poo all over the commode, again same reply, don't know how or what that is, so have already had vacuum out, Windows wide open to get rid of smell....me, well doing my widow Twanky session, washing machine on, stress headache, tablets took, caffeine being topped up.....rant over...My day hopefully will get better!!

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
What a disastrous start to Sunday morning, 5.30 could hear movement in the room where mom is, went in and it looked like a war zone with poohy pad and about another 2 pads all shredded up and over the floor, and there's Mom saying "don't know what all that is over the floor", poo all over the commode, again same reply, don't know how or what that is, so have already had vacuum out, Windows wide open to get rid of smell....me, well doing my widow Twanky session, washing machine on, stress headache, tablets took, caffeine being topped up.....rant over...My day hopefully will get better!!