Hello

Hetty4444

Jul 14, 2019
Hello, I am feeling a bit down at the moment. My mum has Alzheimer’s which she has had about 4 years. She is very stubborn and will do what she wants, I don’t mind that she forgets or repeats herself, but when she says something about someone in the moment, I feel she means it, even though she forgets. We have been in hospital with pneumonia and the day she has CDiff, but she refused to stay even though they told her she could die, she said oh well I will come back tomorrow. She says I don’t care about her and just want to get rid of her, and told anyone that would listen. I have put my life on hold for ; years and I have a husband kids and grandkids. I do everything, she can walk and get the bus, but won’t clean or wash and everything is a struggle. She only wants me here so she dosent have to move. It’s getting worse now as I constantly have to throw food away, clear up the accidents and she won’t believe anything I say, and constantly lies, even though it’s not her fault. Just needed s rant sorry x

witts1973

Jun 20, 2018
Leamington Spa
Hello, I am feeling a bit down at the moment. My mum has Alzheimer’s which she has had about 4 years. She is very stubborn and will do what she wants, I don’t mind that she forgets or repeats herself, but when she says something about someone in the moment, I feel she means it, even though she forgets. We have been in hospital with pneumonia and the day she has CDiff, but she refused to stay even though they told her she could die, she said oh well I will come back tomorrow. She says I don’t care about her and just want to get rid of her, and told anyone that would listen. I have put my life on hold for ; years and I have a husband kids and grandkids. I do everything, she can walk and get the bus, but won’t clean or wash and everything is a struggle. She only wants me here so she dosent have to move. It’s getting worse now as I constantly have to throw food away, clear up the accidents and she won’t believe anything I say, and constantly lies, even though it’s not her fault. Just needed s rant sorry x
I'm sorry I can't be of much help to you apart from saying you are doing a great job,it's awful to see that change in a parent,the poor sufferers of this disease are oblivious to the changes and the carers pick up all of the pieces and bare the mental and physical pressure,my mums bed bound and is no bother so I consider myself lucky.....so far,my heart bleeds when I read some of the situations and hardship many people face on this forum,thinking of you and I hope you get a break at some time or some improvement occurs for yourself xx

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Oh the upsetting delusions and confabulations directed at the main carer ............ :(

She is frightened, doesnt understand what is happening and feels it must be your fault as you are the one who is always around :rolleyes: .
Have you come across Compassionate Communication? It doesnt completely solve the problem, but can make things a bit easier for you
https://forum.alzheimers.org.uk/thr...n-with-the-memory-impaired.30801/#post-413710

PS - Welcome to DTP