A new stage in my life...................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
The preparation for a holiday does sometimes seem more trouble than it`s worth Alice but I do hope you will make it.

I`m sure being away and having less responsibility for solo caring will give you a chance to collect your thoughts.

Being so below par yourself is making it harder than it should be I know.

I`m keeping everything crossed it will all be worthwhile.

AliceA

May 27, 2016
@AliceA - I’m sorry - I forgotten where you’re going! :oops:

Izzy, I am putting my self in a carehome:) it reminds me of the Arthur Ransome book, We did not mean to go to Sea.
I was looking for a place for first respite, somewhere where my husband would accept. I was offered a self catering studio at the bottom of the garden. Quite out the way.
Unfortunately this was taken on a permanent basis but I was offered a room in the back.
My husband brightened at the thought and says would be a holiday together, it is a lovely place. I found myself accepting. What I started to plan has grown like Topsy.
Being in the actual house has meant meant far more preparation than being with the fairies at the bottom of the garden! It turned out as well the policy is for two week stays
Who knows, but it will be an experience, it is small with a wide range of residents. So I raided the bank!!! Next time time? Prison? Three meals, some one keeping an eye on us, no bills. Wardrobe supplied, any takers? o_O Enjoy your time at the Abby xxx

AliceA

May 27, 2016
The preparation for a holiday does sometimes seem more trouble than it`s worth Alice but I do hope you will make it.

I`m sure being away and having less responsibility for solo caring will give you a chance to collect your thoughts.

Being so below par yourself is making it harder than it should be I know.

I`m keeping everything crossed it will all be worthwhile.

Thank you for your kindness. Yes, I will make it. Some times one reaches the stage of being on a conveyer belt, things happen of their own accord!
You are right, I sleep in an adjoining room, I have been listening to sounds of moving about, wondering whether this is an early start or not. Wondering whether intervention is needed of whether to play sleeping lions. I am on here while I wait. I think it is getting quiet, so I will settle. I will benefit I am sure. I have loaded my kindle, so hope to read uninterrupted.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I`ll be thinking of you tomorrow Alice and wishing and hoping all will be well. I look forward to your return to hear all your news.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
It is Dhiren`s birthday today and five and a half years since he died.

For the first time, I haven`t felt the need to light a candle for him. A candle is no longer necessary to acknowledge memory of him. The memory is constant.

Our son sent a memorial message this morning which caused a tear. His memory is constant too.

I realise my life has reached a plateau. It is unlikely much will change from now on. There are good days and not so good days and I can live with what I`ve been given.

I thank everyone who has contributed to this thread. You have been a source of great comfort and support.

I don`t think I need such a personal thread any longer and am considering closing it and concentrating my energy on the rest of the forum.

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
Thinking of you today

Do you need to close the thread? Can’t find the words to explain why I ask this question. I think it’s because I’m not ready (maybe that’s the word) to close my thread

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Do you need to close the thread? Can’t find the words to explain why I ask this question. I think it’s because I’m not ready (maybe that’s the word) to close my thread

Thanks 2jays.

There is plenty of room on the forum for me to join in discussion and offer support. I`m no longer experiencing a new stage in my life. It now is as it is.

If I have need to start another Thread all about me, I will do but for now it seems unlikely.

If you're not ready to close your thread it`s fine. It can stay as long as you need it.

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
My thoughts are with you today Sylvia. Sad though it is I can understand your thoughts on your current thread. I think we can reach a certain point when we know this is the natural end.

Status
Not open for further replies.