Carer's Bus Pass

30 Westwood

Feb 22, 2017
I have discovered that in England, a Disabled Person's bus pass - as apposed to an Older Persons bus pass - entitles any Carer of any age to free bus travel. If we start in our own county, we can travel at any time of day but if we start outside the county it's only free after 9.30! Little things help, but going for a bus ride with a young carer is what we use this for

Di

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
...entitles any Carer of any age to free bus travel.

I believe this only applies if travelling with the disabled person.

Allowing disabled plus carer facilities for the price paid by the disabled is common, in this case the price is zilch, check on NT properties, theatres etc.

jenniferjean

Apr 2, 2016
Basingstoke, Hampshire
I have discovered that in England, a Disabled Person's bus pass - as apposed to an Older Persons bus pass - entitles any Carer of any age to free bus travel. If we start in our own county, we can travel at any time of day but if we start outside the county it's only free after 9.30! Little things help, but going for a bus ride with a young carer is what we use this for

Di
In that case I wish I'd had a disabled persons bus pass for my husband and a older persons bus pass for myself. Then if I was travelling with him before 9.30 we could go free. With us both on older persons bus passes we can't use them before 9.30.

lilypat

Mar 1, 2019
Yorkshire
My OH had a old age bus pass but I am too young .But with help from the mental health nurse We applied and got a companion bus pass . This pass means I can travel free with him .its not just me anybody can accompany him .a small gain but very much appreciated by both of us he loves to travel on the top deck .

30 Westwood

Feb 22, 2017

Di
Apologies for not making it clear that the Carer has to be in the act of Caring for the Disabled person to get the free travel. Other uses for the disabled person's card when someone is not eligible for the older persons bus pass: it acts as an ID card, because of the photo, and anyone over 8yr is entitled to it (5yrs in Scotland.) Di

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuzieMK27